My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

VOB Files Only Play Once

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

CraigW

First post on the forum and hope someone can help me. I have been trying to play VOB files from a USB memory stick and have encountered a strange effect. When I have just the VOB file on the stick it plays fine, but if I stop and try and play again I get the message 'Cannot support this file format'. However if I delete the .hmi file that gets created (leaving the .png file alone), or leave the VOB file to finish playing, I can play the VOB file again. Does anyone have any suggestions why the .hmi file being created should prevent the VOB file playing if I stop watching part way through? I have a lot of VOB files which I do not want to re-encode to another format. Thanks.

| Thu 3 Jan 2013 19:14:45 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum.

Can you try changing the file extention to .mpg and see what happens.

Vob's are normally from a DVD folder. It's very easy and fast to join them into one .ts file. No recoding required just a container switch.

If you want to try this get a copy of tsmuxergui. Add the first vob use join for the rest and output as .ts. Mpeg2 transport stream is the native recording format for SD recordings.

| Thu 3 Jan 2013 20:22:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

CraigW

Thanks for the welcome and the prompt response.

I have tried renaming the file extension to .mpg and experience the same problem. I have also copied the VIDEO_RM and VIDEO_TS directories over and tried to play the first VOB (VTS_01_1.VOB)from the VIDEO_TS directory with the same result (including creation of the .pmg and .hmi files).

I will therefore give 'tsmuxergui' a go and let you know how I get on.

| Thu 3 Jan 2013 23:10:13 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

CraigW

Pleased to report that converting the VOB to a .ts file using 'tsmuxergui' has solved the problem and as you say does not take long to do.

I am now able to pause, rewind, fast forward, and resume from where I stopped reliably. I think the VOB issue is unique to the HDR-1000S unit as none of the posts for the FOXSAT ever mention this.

Thanks for your help

| Fri 4 Jan 2013 11:18:30 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

CraigW - 18 minutes ago  » 
    Pleased to report that converting the VOB to a .ts file using 'tsmuxergui' has solved the problem and as you say does not take long to do.
    I am now able to pause, rewind, fast forward, and resume from where I stopped reliably. I think the VOB issue is unique to the HDR-1000S unit as none of the posts for the FOXSAT ever mention this.
    Thanks for your help

The Foxsat-hdr can't replay any external content at all without conversion. To play back content like this on a Foxsat you have to convert to a single transport stream file and then create a new .ts with matching support .nts and .htm files (AV2HDR)

| Fri 4 Jan 2013 11:41:05 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.