My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Volume adjustment very high.

(5 posts)
  1. JohnnyRippa

JohnnyRippa

Hi all,

just connected my new Humax HDR-1000s to my Sony KDL-40EX403 TV and there seems to be an issue with the volume. The HDR box is connected via HDMI to the TV, the TV volume has to be turned up to about 40 and the HDR box up to almost full before we can get any decent volume, is this normal?
    When we were with SKY+ the volume was only ever 15 - 20 at the most and when we switched the TV across to 'Freeview HD' (built into the TV) the volume was much the same.
    Not sure if there may be a fault with the unit!

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

JR

| Sun 15 Sep 2013 15:03:25 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

souporjuice

I've also noticed this when I moved over from my Sky box - the volume from the HDR1000S is very very low.

This has been the case on two different TVs, the first an old Philips CRT I connected to the Humax box via scart, and the second a brand new Panasonic plasma connected via HDMI.

| Sun 15 Sep 2013 15:30:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

felix

Just purchased my Humax 1000s and received the same problem, and does not appear to be no way to tune the Humax remote control to the TV.

I was on one channel and adjusted the volume with the TV remote control (not Humax) then when i started to use the Humax remote the volume bar would go up and down but no adjustment to the volume.

Once i switched channels then the Humax remote kicked in but just like souporjuice & JohnnyRippa has experienced Humax volume has to go way upto 40+ to have a selective volume where sky box, talk talk you view box, LG TV only require volume to be set to 15- 18.

Is there any way to solve this volume or tune the remote to the TV like all boxes tend to have a manufacturers code for the remote.

| Mon 23 Sep 2013 13:30:25 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Try changing Digital Audio out setting to stereo via:

Settings
    Picture & Sound
    Digital audio out, Highlight Stereo and press OK.

| Mon 23 Sep 2013 13:47:50 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

felix - 20 minutes ago  » 
    ...does not appear to be no way to tune the Humax remote control to the TV.
    Is there any way to solve this volume or tune the remote to the TV like all boxes tend to have a manufacturers code for the remote.

The Humax remote does not have any capability to control other devices (despite there being an AV button, which has no function).
    I simply set the TV volume (using the TV R/C) to about mid-way and then the Humax to 40, and thereafter use the Humax to vary the volume as required. No problems.

| Mon 23 Sep 2013 13:53:51 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.