My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Volume control ineffective on HD channels

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

strugglinauthor

OK, this is a weird one. A few days ago I created a post about a number of software glitches on my new 1100S. In the end I contacted Humax who advised a factory reset. This has now been done. Only time will tell if the intermittent glitches have gone.

The one that remains relates to the volume control. On non-HD channels - e.g. 101, 103, 104 - it works fine. I can see the indicator bar on the right hand side of the screen rising and falling and the sound does likewise. But when I go to an HD channel - e.g. 102, 106 and 126 - the volume comes through far louder and although the volume control on the remote makes the on-screen bar rise and fall it has no effect on the actual sound itself.

Before I go back to Humax can any helpful soul suggest what might be going on?

| Sat 24 Sep 2016 19:14:17 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Change the audio settings to stereo in picture and sound menu.

| Sat 24 Sep 2016 21:01:07 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Problem is down to your TV and the way it handles Dolby Digital audio (used on HD Freesat channels). As Barry posted change the default output (for SD and HD channels) to stereo, which forces the box to output LPCM stereo for all channels which all TV's work with. You would not have the problem with the audio if your box was connected to a AV receiver with a full Dolby Digital decoder, which would also give you 5.1 surround for those broadcasts that have surround sound.

| Sat 24 Sep 2016 21:36:11 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

strugglinauthor

Thank you gents, that fixed it.

| Sat 24 Sep 2016 21:46:06 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.