My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Volume graphic

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mariner

Just got this box for my daughter, now setup and working ok but noticed a couple of things :-

1. Volume graphic doesn't appear on all channels.
    When adjusting the volume, the volume-level graphic appears on the RH side on most channels but does not appear on some.

2. Aspect ratio isn't correct on some channels.
    ITV1 is an example where the display adjusts to fill the screen but ITV HD is correct. BBC1 is the reverse, BBC1 is ok, BBC1 HD adjusts to fill the screen. This then distorts the EPG when displayed.

I think I've just realised that point 1 is related to point 2 because the graphic is pushed off the screen at the RH side and therefore can't be seen.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before? Any ideas?

| Wed 1 May 2013 8:50:16 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dave2318

What mode do you have your TV set too? I find I have this problem if the TV is set to the wrong picture mode. My Sony has an auto mode that doesn't always work properly but seems to work most of the time with the 1000s. With my TV picture format in Auto it's only every so often that a channel appears in the wrong aspect ratio but normally corrects itself when the adverts start.

| Wed 1 May 2013 9:02:27 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

1. This depends how the sound is encoded. Where the sound is D.D. 5.1 then depending on your HDT-1000S audio settings it is encoded with the picture and passed directly to the connected device (Amp or TV) which controls the sound.

| Wed 1 May 2013 9:24:42 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mariner

My daughter's TV is a Toshiba and I'd looked at the TV settings but nothing worked. I started to experiment with the HDR1000s 'Display Format' under Settings/Picture & Sound/. Set it to 'Anamorphic' and then all is well.

| Wed 1 May 2013 10:05:41 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.