My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Warning Message using Humaxrw in Humax Disk to Humax Disk mode

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

faberi2008

I have recently acquired a second 9200T which I have converted to 500GB using the startech IDE-to-SATA adaptor and incorporating the son-t mod to enable file transfer via USB.
    This unit is intended for my daughter to replace her standard 160GB 9200 model.
    As I expect to be transferring the recordings she already has on her old unit to the new one, I decided to try out the transfer procedure between my own 500GB/son-t modified 9200 and this newly modified 9200.
    Using Humaxrw via the command prompt with both machines connected to my laptop I used the "Humax Disk to Humax Disk"...."humaxrw -g 1-10 2: 1:" command to attempt to transfer recordings numbered one to ten from my machine (physical drive 2) to the new machine (physical drive 1).
    At this point the title of the 1st recording appeared accompanied by a message warning that the file transfer might corrupt the Humax disk, do you wish to continue, with a "no" prompt already in place so that hitting "enter" aborts the transfer.
    The message is ambiguous in that it does not say which Humax Disk "might" be corrupted.....I presumed the destination disk.
    On that presumption, as the new machine has no recordings on it, I decided to override the "no" prompt and entered "y" at which point the file transfer proceeded as expected transferring the av, elu, epg and hre files.
    Automatically moving onto the 2nd recording, the title again appeared with the same warning message and "no" prompt. Again I overrode with "y" but this time the transfer did not appear to start and after 5 minutes I aborted the program.
    Looking at the recording list on the "new" machine showed the one recording had successfully been transferred.
    Has anybody else come across this problem with Humax Disk to Humax Disk recording transfers? Am I missing something?

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 21:59:50 #1 |
  2. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Hi and welcome to the forum

If you only intend to transfer all the recordings and not a subset then the backup command would be better
    humaxrw 2: 1: -b
    where 2: is the source and 1: is the destination drive.

from the "README" for humaxrw the syntax for what you were doing is
    humaxrw 2: 1: -g 1-10
    not sure if that would affect the warnings though as the 1st file transferred OK

Can you confirm you are using version 1.14

IIRC it is normal to get the warning when writing to a drive but I haven't swapped drives for a while.

| Mon 15 Oct 2012 14:06:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

faberi2008

Thanks for the response aldaweb……and the welcome.
    I am using humaxrw 1.14.
    On the subject of syntax, having looked at the humaxrw readme file again it clearly quotes the syntax as you have described……however calling up the help list using “humaxrw –h” the syntax is quoted as I have used it!
    I guess on that basis it’s not critical.
    I was a staunch Digifusion FVRT200 user until the debacle of the demise of the programme guide update transmissions in July 2010.
    It was shortly afterwards that I acquired my 9200 and signed up to hummy.org.uk (…you were a moderator there too IIRC) where I soon latched onto the info to perform the son_t cable mod to enable recordings to b lifted to a PC (in less than geologic time).
    Early in 2011 I made the sata HDD upgrade using the startech IDE2SATA adaptor and the Seagate ST3500312CS which has proven to be the ideal drive to use. At that time I transfered all the recordings from the old IDE 160GB drive to new drive using humaxrw and although it wouldn’t have made any sense NOT to use the “back-up” command, I honestly can’t remember what I did then (senility is taking over I’m afraid). I do recall that the transfer was made with the new drive installed in the 9200 and connected to my desktop PC via the son_t usb cable with the old IDE drive laid on my desk and powered up via a small adaptor supplied in the kit with the usb-to-IDE cable used to connect the drive to a second usb port on the desktop.
    When I tried to make the recent transfer of recordings between the two 9200’s they were each connected to a laptop via their respective son_t usb cables, but I can’t imagine this would have any bearing on the problem encountered.
    Furthermore, I chose not to use the “back-up” command because my 9200 has about 400GB of recordings and I hate to think how long that transfer would have taken!!
    However, as I think about it now as I write, I could try the “back-up” command and, assuming the transfer proceeds without problem, after a while, say 30 minutes, I could abort the program…..what do you think?

| Mon 15 Oct 2012 17:21:26 #3 |
  4. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

It's worth checking the backup given that you will probably be transferring all the files from your daughter's machine.
    I think you still get the warning at the start but not for each file.

You will probably recognise a few more names from the old place.

| Tue 16 Oct 2012 13:37:54 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

faberi2008

Just a quick line or two to finalise this thread....
    I have done a few more "trial transfers" since making the original post and it does appear that the transfer command does work whichever syntax is used, i.e,

humaxrw 2: 1: -g 1-10 or

humaxrw -g 1-10 2: 1:

Either way the warning message appears with the prompt for a reply......which is a pain.

However, IF I had read the README file properly I would have noted the comment that "most functions will accept an additional "-y" option to SUPRESS prompts about overwriting or deleting files".......and tried the "subset transfer" command as follows;

humaxrw -g 1-10 -y 2: 1:

which works like a dream......no prompts and the transfer goes without a hitch.

So I'm afraid it's even more apparent as I mentioned in my earlier post that senility is taking over in my case!

| Fri 19 Oct 2012 16:26:05 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.