My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

'Watch Live' TV on iPlayer jumps back two hours!

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richard Collins

As I have an aerial fault, I've had to resort to iPlayer live streaming on my Freesat FVP-5000T to watch live TV; for example, BBC News.

Loading iPlayer, and via 'Channels' going to 'News', I can select 'Watch Live' for the current programme. It starts fine but after about 5 minutes the content reverts to content from two hours earlier!

For example, selecting 'Watch Live' for 'Afternoon Live', at ~15:03, I found that after 5 minutes, I was watching the One O'clock lunchtime news with the time ticker showing 13:03! Clicking the OK button, the programme info display shows 'Afternoon Live' - the news programme selected - while the actual content is clearly the lunchtime news! This is quite bizarre.

It is repeatable, and failed the same way on BBC1 when I selected the Six O'clock News and found after five minutes the content being shown had changed to whatever was on BBC1 two hours earlier. The problem exists on both iPlayer and iPlayer Beta. I left it running on the news and now at 20:38 I'm seeing the news from 16:37 - 4 hours earlier, so it's slipped another two hours!

I can't imagine how this could possibly come about or how it could be a fault on my Humax box? And if it's an iPlayer fault, then surely everyone would be similarly affected? I first noticed the fault yesterday, and it's still the same today. I've used iPlayer a lot before to play individual programmes without any problem, until now that I've no aerial and am using the 'Watch Live' option. It makes steaming/viewing live TV impossible unless you want to watch what was on two hours ago!

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix? It's strange that it jumps back two hours, but it can't be anything to do with the pause live TV - broadcast via an aerial - for up to two hours, as that's completely separate.

| Thu 12 Dec 2019 21:23:10 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I have just tested this out and can confirm that you are correct (although mine took ten minutes before jumping back two hours).
    Another iPlayer issue that needs reporting to iPlayer support.

| Fri 13 Dec 2019 8:29:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richard Collins

SSThing - 7 hours ago  » 
    I have just tested this out and can confirm that you are correct (although mine took ten minutes before jumping back two hours).
    Another iPlayer issue that needs reporting to iPlayer support.

Thanks for that!

Problem with iPlayer reported!

| Fri 13 Dec 2019 16:01:03 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.