My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Watch recordings with no signal?

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jamiemat

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if its possible to playback recordings stored on the HDD of the Humax HDR-1000S when there is no satellite signal?

Reason I ask is that I'm moving into a flat with no FreeView coverage (rural area) but with a communal dish system in place with two feeds on a wall socket, however on trying both with an old Sky box it works but had very low readings for both signal strength and quality, and according to neighbours is prone to giving no signal errors during poor weather - and with it being December in a rural part of Scotland that might be frequent!

Although we are obviously hopeful of getting the communal dish system sorted, that might not happen for ages (if at all) so in the meantime rather than pay a monthly fee to Sky for channels I may potentially not be able to view at times I was hoping to buy a 1TB Humax HDR-1000S fill it up with recordings when weather is good so they can be viewed back later when I have no signal. Sounds like a plan right? but I ask and want to make sure before I buy the box as I know that with Sky+ you need satellite signal to playback recordings but believe this is in part for verification that you subscribe to Sky for this channels or Sky+ features and hopefully not something required by the Humax.

Thanks again

| Tue 3 Dec 2013 9:13:57 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

HDR 1000S - No probem replaying recordings with no signal.

| Tue 3 Dec 2013 9:48:29 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.