My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Watching Freetime while recording

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cyclops91

Tonight I was recording on two channels at the same time and tried to watch something on ITV player by selecting channel 903, but I got a message to say that I could not change channels while recording. I realise that it it is not (generally) possible to watch one channel while recording two others, but should it not be possible to watch ITV player or BBC iplayer while recording two satellite channels? Surely it does not need to use a tuner to watch a channel from the internet - or am I missing something?

Thanks for any suggestions

| Mon 31 Dec 2012 0:27:03 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Yes it does need a channel for the ondemand services. The initial code to play is transmitted OTA (Loading phase).

| Mon 31 Dec 2012 10:07:50 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

There are two circumstances where you can use 903 while recording two, the second being very unlikely

1 The two recordings are being made from the same transponder, eg BBC-HD and BBC1-HD. This combination allows access to any other channel

2 One of the recording pair is channel 407 Fashion One (same transponder as 903).

See

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

Although the link only mentions the Foxsat-hdr it applies equally to the HDR-1000s

| Mon 31 Dec 2012 11:06:04 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.