My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Watching on one Humax what was recorded on another

(6 posts)
  1. Paul_D

Paul_D

I have both an FVP-4000T and an HDR-1100S connected to the WiFi.

I can watch SD programmes that were recorded on the FVP-4000T on the HDR-1100S without any issues. The HDR-1100S can see all recordings that are on the FVP-4000T (SD&HD) and plays the SD recordings only (as expected).

However, I cannot seem to get this to work the other way round. Programmes recorded on the HDR-1100S do not appear to be available to the FVP-4000T. The FVP-4000T doesn't appear to recognise the HDR-1100S and cannot even see a list of recordings let alone play them back.

Has anyone got any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Paul.

| Fri 15 Jun 2018 19:17:51 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Paul_D - 51 minutes ago  » 
    I can watch SD programmes that were recorded on the FVP-4000T on the HDR-1100S without any issues. The HDR-1100S can see all recordings that are on the FVP-4000T (SD&HD) and plays the SD recordings only (as expected).

When you do that you are taking advantage of the FVP-4000T having a DLNA server and the HDR-1100S having a DLNA client. (It also helps that the HDR-1100S recognises the video format via DLNA.)

Paul_D - 51 minutes ago  » I cannot seem to get this to work the other way round.

To work the other way the FVP-4000T would also have to have a DLNA client and the HDR-1100S would have to have a DLNA server. Unfortunately, although the FVP-4000T has a DLNA client, the HDR-1100S does not have a DLNA server.

| Fri 15 Jun 2018 20:18:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

At 2012 announcement Humax promised a DLNA Server on the 1000S (later 1100S) box. They later retracted that saying the box does not have the required processor performance. Which is, BTW, why I will never again believe promises from Humax. Do I sound annoyed... you bet, I paid £300 for this box

| Fri 15 Jun 2018 20:41:09 #3 |
  4. Paul_D

Paul_D

Thanks for the replies - it has now confirmed what I suspected and cleared it up for me.

I had already found the setting in the FVP-4000T to switch the DLNA server on, but I was unable to find a similar setting on the HDR-1100S which is why I posted the above.

At least I am now aware that this behaviour is as intended by Humax and is a limitation by design rather than a fault.

Thanks for the quick responses.

| Fri 15 Jun 2018 20:50:57 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

None of the Humax Freesat boxes have ever allowed the free interchange of recordings between boxes. Not down to Humax but down to Freesat's involvement in the software. Despite what Pollensa1946 says, pretty sure the processor capacity required was used because of Freesat's involvement (They specced the box processor and resource installed to match a affordable box).

It's Freesat that used the box capability to add on demand capability like Netflix etc rather than programme interchange.

If you had a pair of HDR-FOX-T2 boxes that Humax had the software design and implementation, you could watch all recordings made on one on the other.

The trade off is limited on demand services (which these days are available cheaply on a number of different devices).

Used HDR-FOX-T2's are available on sources like e-bay from owners that have no idea what they are capable off,

Adding the custom firmware makes them even more special, similar to the late lamented Topfield PVR's but with HD DVB-T2 capability.

Two HDR-FOX-T2's have 4 tuners instead of the 3 on a HDR-4000/5000T.

The trade off apart from limited catch up is needing to keep track on two schedule lists on two boxes instead of one. You can easily display the recording lists on both boxes using just one.

| Fri 15 Jun 2018 22:15:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

grahamlthompson - 11 hours ago  » ...Despite what Pollensa1946 says, pretty sure the processor capacity required was used because of Freesat's involvement (They specced the box processor and resource installed to match a affordable box)...

However you present it Graham it does not alter what I stated in my post...

Pollensa1946 - 13 hours ago  » 
    At 2012 announcement Humax promised a DLNA Server on the 1000S (later 1100S) box...

I don't doubt that they believed that at the time, only later to discover that Freesat had different interests.

| Sat 16 Jun 2018 10:10:11 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.