My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Watching program whilst recording same program

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

Fair enough if you have nothing further to say on this but you did not respond to my wish that the box should do as I ask, rather than what it thinks is best.
    Just because nobody else has reported this does not mean they haven't encountered it.

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 13:11:28 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

J_Oz - 23 minutes ago  » 
    Fair enough if you have nothing further to say on this but you did not respond to my wish that the box should do as I ask, rather than what it thinks is best.
    Just because nobody else has reported this does not mean they haven't encountered it.

Not sure what you expect me to say. The box is working as it should. It's capable of doing what you want by using a slightly different method. Quite why you think it's somehow different using a different file on the hard disk to time shift a ongoing recording I haven't a clue. If you are watching the programme live, why do want to record it as well, and what is your objection to watching the recording rather than the live stream ?

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 13:38:15 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

The whole point I was making is that the box should do what I ask it to do. It is not doing that. I do not not understand why you cannot see that.

And of course, it does only happen if I'm watching the same program I'm recording, which says to me it is a fault.

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 13:43:04 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

J_Oz - 33 minutes ago  » 
    The whole point I was making is that the box should do what I ask it to do. It is not doing that. I do not not understand why you cannot see that.

I do not understand why you think the box should do something it's not designed to do. Basically you want to watch time shifted content on a programme you are recording without missing the end. I have told you how to do this repeatedly, why don't you try it out, it's not exactly hard to do so ?

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 14:19:46 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

J_Oz - 2 hours ago  » 
    And of course, it does only happen if I'm watching the same program I'm recording, which says to me it is a fault.

It isn't a fault it is a design decision that you don't like. Unfortunately only Humax could change the design and the chance of that happening is pretty much zero. Graham has explained there is a workaround and it just becomes second nature after a while.

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 15:53:52 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

If the box throws me out of what I'm watching then it is a fault.

| Sun 13 Dec 2015 8:56:02 #16 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Two of our most experienced and valued members have explained that this is not a fault.

No point in this continuing so thread closed.

| Sun 13 Dec 2015 9:51:22 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.