My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

watching programme whilst recording

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

kittybelle2

Whilst recording a programme on itv on sunday night,i decided to watch it 15 minutes into the show.what i didnt realise that as soon as i started to watch it would only record 30 mins in total out of 60.is this normal?i thought u could record a programme ,watch half way through and the box would keep on recording.i wasnt recording anything at the same time.any advice would be greatly appreciated.

| Tue 9 Jun 2015 20:17:48 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi and welcome to our forum. Are you saying you had a recording set and then watched the recording 15 minutes after the recording stopped. If so this is known as chasing playback and should not affect the actual recording. If you skip the ads and go forward beyond the existing recording contents then playback will drop out to real time but it should not stop the recording completing. I do this with all ITV recordings. You can avoid dropping out of playback by using the forward skip key (which by default is set to + 2 mins), the key will stop working if less than 2 mins of recording is left. The forward and reverse skip keys are the best ways to skip ads as most are around 4 mins so two presses gets very close to the end of the ads, if you overshoot the reverse skip key backs up in 5 second skips unless you change the default settings.

Have you checked the actual recording length ? If you post which programme someone else may have recorded it and confirm the recording length they got. The broadcaster may have screwed up accurate recording signals.

| Tue 9 Jun 2015 20:52:29 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.