My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Watching programs you've paused - beware

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harryhornby

special member

I was watching the program on BBC1 this evening called saving lives at sea. Between the kids not sleeping and the phone going I had paused, watched, paused, watched the program.

I was quite happily watching the program and the "watch in HD" sign popped up in the corner. Forgetting I was watching in catch up mode I pressed OK. The Humax switched to BBC1 HD and the currently playing program at that time (totally ignoring the program I was watching in chase play).... the news! I didn't get to see the end of the Saving Lives At Sea program.

Don't be like me, don't press ok to switch to HD when in chase play.

| Wed 20 Jul 2016 22:12:53 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Watch it on Catch up..........

I often find myself accidently switching to HD - it can be quite annoying.

| Wed 20 Jul 2016 22:32:07 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

When I got my first Humax - the single tuner 8000T in 2005 - I stopped watching live TV. Ever since, I have always recorded anything I want to watch and I watch it when convenient.

Paradoxically it means I watch less than before - I cannot count the number of time I have deleted something without watching it.

| Thu 21 Jul 2016 11:49:09 #3 |
  4. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I am much the same as John in that I have recorded almost everything I watch since I got my first Humax. Even programmes like X-Factor, which have a result I want to see on the evening it happens, I record and start watching the recording 30 minutes or so after the start time.

This means that not only can I skip the ads and spend only an hour watching a 90 minute broadcast, but I never lose an ending as can happen when pausing live TV.

The only exception to this that I can think of is the Olympics, which I do tend to watch 'live'.

| Thu 21 Jul 2016 14:50:27 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.