My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Watching recordings with no satellite connection?

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jcwacky

I've just upgraded to the new Foxsat HDR-1000S but still have many recordings to watch on my HDR. I was hoping to be able to just connect the HDR to my TV with an HDMI cable and use it just to watch recordings. However it complains that no channels can be found and forces me into the menu. I can't open the Media browser. Is there anyway round this?

I have installed Twonky media server but that only let's me stream SD shows to the HDR-1000S, and not HD shows.

| Sun 11 Nov 2012 22:52:32 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. You don't need a lnb connection to watch your existing content. It's been a while try pressing exit from the no signal found message and use the usual media button.

The Foxsat-hdr lacks the capability to stream HD encrypted recorded content to the HDR-1000s found on the HDR FOX T2.

| Sun 11 Nov 2012 23:29:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jcwacky

Thanks Graham, I've tried pressing everything but it always just sends me to the Menu, and pressing Media just brings up the "no" icon. Are you sure it's definitely possible?

| Mon 12 Nov 2012 16:57:24 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jcwacky - 15 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks Graham, I've tried pressing everything but it always just sends me to the Menu, and pressing Media just brings up the "no" icon. Are you sure it's definitely possible?

Pretty sure, a long time ago a poster who lost his signal in the summer wanted to do just this. I will try disconnecting my lnb cables tommorow to see what happens.

| Mon 12 Nov 2012 17:15:45 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jcwacky

Much appreciated! I know how annoying those cables can be! Thinking about it, I don't think it immediately started complaining about no channels, initially I think it just reported no signal, and let me watch media fine, I think it wasn't until the next day it started reporting no channels and stopped me watching Media. I'll try reconnecting the cables and see what happens.

| Mon 12 Nov 2012 20:46:43 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mine just said no signal. access to the media list was normal.

EDIT

Afterthought. I wonder if there is a limit as to how long you can leave the box unpowered without then having to connect to a lnb and re-install.

| Tue 13 Nov 2012 10:37:27 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jcwacky

grahamlthompson - 2 days ago  » 
    Afterthought. I wonder if there is a limit as to how long you can leave the box unpowered without then having to connect to a lnb and re-install.

Thanks, I suspect this is probably the case then.

I just tried putting an LNB cable into the HDR, and then using another cable to connect the LNB1 OUT on the HDR to the LNB1 IN on the HDR-1000 to see if that would work. But the 1000 isn't picking up the signal, any idea why?

| Thu 15 Nov 2012 15:29:42 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jcwacky - 9 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 2 days ago  » 

Thanks, I suspect this is probably the case then.
    I just tried putting an LNB cable into the HDR, and then using another cable to connect the LNB1 OUT on the HDR to the LNB1 IN on the HDR-1000 to see if that would work. But the 1000 isn't picking up the signal, any idea why?

The Foxsat needs to be in low power sby to pass all channels from lnb1 in to lnb1 out. When on only a subset of available channels will be available on the out socket.

| Thu 15 Nov 2012 15:43:20 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

grahamlthompson - 3 years ago  » 
    Hi welcome to the forum. You don't need a lnb connection to watch your existing content. It's been a while try pressing exit from the no signal found message and use the usual media button.
    The Foxsat-hdr lacks the capability to stream HD encrypted recorded content to the HDR-1000s found on the HDR FOX T2.

Does the same apply to Foxsat+ PVR?

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 16:23:46 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cerclebois - 55 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 3 years ago  » 

Does the same apply to Foxsat+ PVR?

What's a Foxsat+ pvr ?

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 17:19:46 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.