My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Watching recordings with no satellite connection?

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

Foxsat HDR

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 17:02:10 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cerclebois - 1 hour ago  » 
    Foxsat HDR

Was the question referring to the ability of the Foxsat-HDR to serve HD to a HDR1000/1010/1100S ?

Can't discuss this here but would refer you to the Custom Firmware thread for the Foxsat-HDR on AV Forums.

The HDR-FOX-T2 is the only Humax box I know of that has the capability to stream HD recordings from a bog standard box to a protected client. As it's the only one that would be another HDR-FOX-T2. We were hoping that the above freetime (now freesat) boxes would have the capability. Sadly so far it has not arrived.

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 18:18:41 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

No, what I am asking is this. If my Foxsat HDR is not connected to the LNB, can I still playback existing recordings via one of my TV HDMI or SCART connections? Elsewhere I read the HDRs don't allow you to do that. I am not asking about streaming from one box to another.
    Hope that's clear now.

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 21:18:30 #13 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

There is one sure-fire way to find out!

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 21:30:12 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

Ha, ha! People of my vintage don't relish contortions to get to connectors nor getting up from floors.

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 6:08:32 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cerclebois - 11 hours ago  » 
    No, what I am asking is this. If my Foxsat HDR is not connected to the LNB, can I still playback existing recordings via one of my TV HDMI or SCART connections? Elsewhere I read the HDRs don't allow you to do that. I am not asking about streaming from one box to another.
    Hope that's clear now.

I disconnected my lnb connections to check this as you should have known if you have read this thread and was able to view the recordings. If you attempted to retune the unit without a lnb connected I guess that would scupper the capability until you temporarily reconnect a lnb.

I didn't try it out over an extended period, by the way I am also of advanced age but it's hardly that difficult to remove the lnb cables and check for yourself. Why can't you maintain a single lnb connection to the Humax tuner 1 (perhaps use a lnb switch) ?

I haven't tried it out using the latest firmware either. As you will have at some time have to disconnect the cables, at a loss to understand why you can't try it out yourself.

Your responses are very vague, asking about a non existant Humax box and then asking a question that could have been about any aspect of my post.

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 8:30:09 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Disconnected lnb cables - box boots to no signal message. Pressing media displays recordings which play back normally. Also able to watch them using HDR1000S DLNA client.

Attachments

1. NoLnb2.jpg (88.2 KB, 0 downloads) 7 years old
    2. Nolnb1.jpg (62.5 KB, 0 downloads) 7 years old
    | Sun 31 Jul 2016 8:58:17 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

Thamks and sorry! It looks like an answer to my other thread.

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 11:07:03 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

BRW123

Hello, I know this is an old post but I came across it a few days ago (Feb 2023) whilst searching for a solution to the same problem. I have updated to a Freesat 4k PVR but have recordings still to watch on my Humax Freesat -HDR box which I have had for about 12 years. After removing the two cables from satellite dish I was initially able to access those recordings simply by ignoring 'no signal' messages and pressing 'Media' on the remote as usual. However after a few days the Humax booted into an initial set up state as if I had gone into the menu to search for channels but it would not let me exit the menu and therefore would not let me access stored media. I had to reconnect one satellite cable in order to tune into available channels again, store and exit the menu. For the moment I can access stored media. I do not know whether I got into the initial set up mode because of some hidden Humax time-out on living with no input signals. My other thought is that the new Freesat 4k remote and the old Humax one both use the same codes for many functions so perhaps something being done via the Freesat 4k remote upset the Humax box.

| Fri 17 Feb 2023 14:08:29 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

BRW123 - 29 mins ago  » 
    My other thought is that the new Freesat 4k remote and the old Humax one both use the same codes for many functions

You can choose to use different codes if you want.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote-2

| Fri 17 Feb 2023 14:40:05 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.