My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Web Browser

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

itsallgood

Has anyone tried a web browser on the Aura? If so, which one did you use and what were the results like?
    Thank you very much.

| Fri 2 Jul 2021 20:47:32 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

itsallgood - 23 hours ago  » 
    Has anyone tried a web browser on the Aura? If so, which one did you use and what were the results like?
    Thank you very much.

Based on using a Windows 10 PC with full HD graphic card and a hdmi connection to a 4K oled TV and a previous good quality full HD Tv do not bother. Great to watch high quality stills and video. Crap for web sites. Websites are designed
    to view content on a laptop about 2 ft or so from you.

What content do you want to watch ?. Depending on your laptop screen a 720P/1080p video file dragged to chrome on a windows 10 laptop, can be cast to aura using it/s built in screen cast icon. 24 fps content for best smooth streaming require the aura output to be set a to 24HZ output setting.

\

The text is way to small to see on a large screen display metres away from where you look at a laptop.

| Sat 3 Jul 2021 21:03:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

itsallgood

Thank you for your reply Graham. There wasn't anything in particular I wanted to view, just thought I would like to be able to browse the web on the Aura. I'll stick to my laptop to look at Twitter and Facebook then!

| Sun 4 Jul 2021 5:43:33 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

morrig

Sideloaded a Chrome browser, works ok using Logitech K400. Page loads quick, with no video and Live TV plays in corner but can drop out after 20 minutes.

| Fri 23 Jul 2021 15:40:01 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.