My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

webif and BST to GMT changeover

(33 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

This autumn, the webif schedule view seems to be showing an extra week of summer time - it doesn't show GMT events until next weekend (31st/1st).

The on screen schedule looks ok and the device recorded programs on Sunday correctly so maybe it is just cosmetic, but next weekend's events are a bit confused.

For example, Roadkill E02 (on series record) recorded ok last night, but episode 3 hasn't been automatically set yet.

Can anyone who has Foxsat HDR and CF confirm if their webif schedule is showing BST or GMT for events next week.

Thank you

Dino

| Mon 26 Oct 2020 7:50:34 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dino - 2 hours ago  » 
    This autumn, the webif schedule view seems to be showing an extra week of summer time - it doesn't show GMT events until next weekend (31st/1st).
    The on screen schedule looks ok and the device recorded programs on Sunday correctly so maybe it is just cosmetic, but next weekend's events are a bit confused.
    For example, Roadkill E02 (on series record) recorded ok last night, but episode 3 hasn't been automatically set yet.

Can anyone who has Foxsat HDR and CF confirm if their webif schedule is showing BST or GMT for events next week.
    Thank you
    Dino

Do you have nowsters patch installed ?

| Mon 26 Oct 2020 10:38:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

Good morning,

Yes - I have the fourth version of settop-patch. This is the release which corrected the UTC related problem with version 3 which came to light on a daylight saving changeover a few years ok.

The symptom I'm seeing isn't the same as what happened then though it could well be related. The attached screenshot might illustrate.

Before next Sunday, the 'next start time column' shows the correct start time but calls it BST rather than GMT. The 'next event' column shows the start time as if we hadn't already switched from BST. From next Sunday onwards everything is properly GMT aligned.

It is as if the webif thinks that BST switchover is next weekend.

I'm just wondering if what I'm seeing on my webif schedule is present on other machines. If other people aren't seeing it then that will change my approach.

Thanks for your help.

Dino

Attachments

1. image1.jpg (90.8 KB, 5 downloads) 3 years old
    | Mon 26 Oct 2020 12:10:55 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I will boot my Foxsat and have a look.

Looks like you are spot on

Check the SCD reservation on Saturday and the other on Sunday. I am going to add a manual one with lots of padding for the saturday.

Attachments

1. Clock_Change.jpg (336.6 KB, 9 downloads) 3 years old
    | Mon 26 Oct 2020 12:27:47 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

Thank you. If you are seeing what I'm seeing then I guess it is a system problem rather than finger/brain trouble at my end.

Recording over the weekend just gone seemed ok - apart from the one series record not propagating to the coming weekend but that could be a CRID thing anyway.

As far as I can tell, my recording schedule for next week is all good when shown on the TV so possibly it is a cosmetic thing with the webif view.

I don't envy the writers of any software that has to deal with real time clock information when the time we use can be arbitrarily changed.

| Mon 26 Oct 2020 13:07:17 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

TimK2011

The problem could be due to a bug in one of the libraries used by the WebIf. The same problem applies to the custom firmware on the HDR Fox T2.

I'm not sure if I should post a link across to another forum but have a look on 'hummy.tv' at a post with the title 'EPG still showing summer time'.

EPG entry times for this week have a BST flag but the ones for Sunday onwards have a GMT flag. This ties in to the explanation of the fault in the C library.

| Mon 26 Oct 2020 13:08:36 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

TimK2011 - Quite possible - my Guess is the logic for last Sunday in month has a minor error which fails if the last day of month is a Saturday.

| Mon 26 Oct 2020 14:07:01 #7 |
  8. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

I'm guessing the library defaults to USA's DST which ends next weekend instead of UK's BST which ended over last weekend.

| Mon 26 Oct 2020 19:57:29 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

As I read it, this bug arises in a leap year in which the daylight saving change over occurs in a month with five Saturdays.

Next of those is due in March 2040 so strap in.

The consensus is that the webif views of the EPG and the Schedule will be out of sorts in various ways until Sunday 1st November when it will self correct. In the meantime back to using the TV and the remote control for setting.

Thanks to all for the links and comments.

| Mon 26 Oct 2020 20:21:55 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dino - 1 hour ago  » 
    As I read it, this bug arises in a leap year in which the daylight saving change over occurs in a month with five Saturdays.
    Next of those is due in March 2040 so strap in.
    The consensus is that the webif views of the EPG and the Schedule will be out of sorts in various ways until Sunday 1st November when it will self correct. In the meantime back to using the TV and the remote control for setting.
    Thanks to all for the links and comments.

Already 75 and 76 in November. Do not expect a response

| Mon 26 Oct 2020 22:18:50 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.