My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

webif and BST to GMT changeover

(33 posts)
  1. paulburke

Paul

My Foxsat HDR is only used a few times a week for recordings, and not been used since Saturday (just before the time change).
    When I switched it on today (Thursday), CH4HD which I had put into freesat via the custom firmware, had been removed and I had to put it back again.
    However, the time was correct!

| Thu 29 Oct 2020 21:24:44 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

paulburke - 13 mins ago  » 
    My Foxsat HDR is only used a few times a week for recordings, and not been used since Saturday (just before the time change).
    When I switched it on today (Thursday), CH4HD which I had put into freesat via the custom firmware, had been removed and I had to put it back again.

Did you have Nowsters patch installed ?

If the box is on a at 03:00 we already know the schedule file that get created during housekeeping gets overwritten so you lose channel 4-HD.

| Thu 29 Oct 2020 21:39:08 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

Paul,

Out of interest, when you say the time was correct, where are you checking this ?

Dino

| Fri 30 Oct 2020 7:20:02 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dino - 4 hours ago  » 
    Paul,
    Out of interest, when you say the time was correct, where are you checking this ?
    Dino

The epg shows the correct time and minute. Trouble is the epg does not say its BST.

If paul sets a single recording test schedule on Saturday and another on sunday and then displays the recording schedule (see my screen grab above).

He will see the saturday recording will say BST and the Sunday one GMT.

If

| Fri 30 Oct 2020 11:49:40 #14 |
  5. paulburke

Paul

grahamlthompson - 16 hours ago  » 

paulburke - 13 mins ago  » 

Did you have Nowsters patch installed ?
    If the box is on a at 03:00 we already know the schedule file that get created during housekeeping gets overwritten so you lose channel 4-HD.

Nowsters patch is installed.

Box always in stand-by, unless recording or play back. So never on at housekeeping time.

| Fri 30 Oct 2020 14:04:51 #15 |
  6. paulburke

Paul

Update to previous posting:

When the time is shown on the EPG it is the correct current UK time.

After putting C4HD back into freesat mode last night, it had gone again this morning.

I guess it is likely that all may be resolved after this weekend.

| Fri 30 Oct 2020 14:07:18 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

paulburke - 1 hour ago  » 
    After putting C4HD back into freesat mode last night, it had gone again this morning.

It's not the correct UK time. It's the time you would see on a clock that needs manual adjustment that you have not manually put back last Sunday morning.

Try a one off recording from the epg a couple of hours forward.

It is showing the same time as one that was manually corrected. However the box itself thinks it is still BST. If you look at the screen grab I uploaded you can clearly see the issue.

It should correct itself (7 days late) in the early hours of this Sunday. If you look at the CF what date did it last do an overnight housekeeping ?

If you have series recordings accurate recordings due to record before and including saturday they will fail. Because the box will start looking for the recording start 1 hr earlier than it should. This also applies to the 3am housekeeping boot.

You will to re-enter any series recordings after the box has switched to GMT.

| Fri 30 Oct 2020 15:25:14 #17 |
  8. paulburke

Paul

Hi Graham,

I have re-added C4HD for tonight, and programmed a recording for tonight, but for an hour later, as if it is BST. If it fails, no worries.

I will report back tomorrow with the result!

| Fri 30 Oct 2020 20:16:22 #18 |
  9. black knight

black knight

special member

paulburke - 6 hours ago  » 

Same here. I had CH4-HD and Freesports HD added to the Freesat EPG via the custom firmware and noticed they'd disappeared on Weds. I did a system reset in case something had become corrupted and then put them both back, and this morning they were gone again!

I re-ran the custom firmware this morning and added them again, but I'll switch the box off at the mains overnight so they don't get wiped off again until the bug sorts itself out on Saturday night. At least I know it's not a problem with my equipment.

| Fri 30 Oct 2020 20:22:41 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

black knight - 16 mins ago  » 

paulburke - 6 hours ago  » 

Before all this happened. Already found that if you let the box do it's overnight housekeeping at 03:00 it deletes the schedule file created to store manual recordings in non freesat mode and recreates it without the channel editor additions to non-freesat mode. You can avoid this by setting a recording on channel4-HD starting at 03:00 or setting a wake up timer at 03:00 and the off at 03:15.

Both of which of course stop the overnight housekeeping at 03:00.

I had such a timer so the lcn channel switch ITV-HD to SD did not happen. I had to do a reset to get this info into the database.

Need to experiment but guessing the this file needs saving as another before housekeeping and restoring after. Raydon seems to be no longer active on forum.

Same here. I had CH4-HD and Freesports HD added to the Freesat EPG via the custom firmware and noticed they'd disappeared on Weds. I did a system reset in case something had become corrupted and then put them both back, and this morning they were gone again!
    I re-ran the custom firmware this morning and added them again, but I'll switch the box off at the mains overnight so they don't get wiped off again until the bug sorts itself out on Saturday night. At least I know it's not a problem with my equipment.

| Fri 30 Oct 2020 20:47:53 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.