My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

week old 9300t and epg won't fill up for week

(26 posts)
  1. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Doghouse - 2 hours ago  » 
    It wasn't letting me get into "installation."

'Installation' is greyed-out if the machine is recording or playing back a recording, were you doing either of these things?

| Fri 15 Mar 2013 0:39:57 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kirbett

I understand that your Manual Tuning instructions are also relevant for "managing" the inability of the 9300's EPG to cope with all the Freeview channels now available - by enabling the number of UHF channels accessed to be reduced. I think I read in another post that it might also be necessary to cycle the PVR through Standby after completing the retune. I think that might have been my experience, though yet to be confirmed. Should this be mentioned in your instructions also?

| Tue 12 Nov 2013 14:12:59 #12 |
  3. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Kirbett - 28 minutes ago  » 
    I understand that your Manual Tuning instructions are also relevant for "managing" the inability of the 9300's EPG to cope with all the Freeview channels now available - by enabling the number of UHF channels accessed to be reduced. I think I read in another post that it might also be necessary to cycle the PVR through Standby after completing the retune. I think that might have been my experience, though yet to be confirmed. Should this be mentioned in your instructions also?

No, because it is not correct. I have no idea where that myth has come from.

| Tue 12 Nov 2013 14:42:29 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marv

Biggles - 2 years ago  » 
    If you've got channels in the 800 range of channel numbers then you do need to do a Manual Search

does this mean that if i have NOT got any 800 range channels then everything is fine please?
    or is there another way to check that everything has reloaded correctly.
    p.s.
    sorry about resurrecting a post old enough for the time team to be searching for it

| Sun 14 Sep 2014 14:48:52 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Marv - 1 hour ago  » 

Biggles - 2 years ago  » 
    If you've got channels in the 800 range of channel numbers then you do need to do a Manual Search

does this mean that if i have NOT got any 800 range channels then everything is fine please?

It is a good sign but not a guarantee. One way to check is to find the list of multiplex channel numbers from the DigitakUK web site as per the Biggles instructions and then switch the box to one broadcast channel from each multiplex eg (BBC1, ITV, ITV3, Pick, 4Music) and use the Signal detection menu to check that it is coming from the correct multiplex.

| Sun 14 Sep 2014 16:18:27 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marv

each multiplex eg (BBC1, ITV, ITV3, Pick, 4Music) and use the Signal detection menu to check that it is coming from the correct multiplex.

thanks for the quick reply Martin, however ...

sorry, this might be really obvious but, unfortunately, not to me.

how do i know which tv/radio stations come from a particular mux?

i've checked all the stations you mentioned and they are correct.
    that leaves me with channels 31, 56 & 57 (com7 hd, L-man & G-man)
    the first of which, i assume, is hd so not for me.

| Sun 14 Sep 2014 17:40:14 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Marv - 2 hours ago  » 
    how do i know which tv/radio stations come from a particular mux?

I presume that your question is from an interest perspective. You don't really need to know anymore than you already do as you know the frequency numbers and Martin has provided an example set of channels that covers all the relevent non-HD/non-local frequencies.

This will show which channel is in which multiplex.
    http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/industry/Channels/channel_listings

By putting in your postcode on that link you will be given enough detail to relate each mux names to one of your transmitter’s frequencies.

| Sun 14 Sep 2014 20:24:32 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marv

Luke - 1 day ago  » 
    I presume that your question is from an interest perspective.
    <snip>
    This will show which channel is in which multiplex.
    http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/industry/Channels/channel_listings
    By putting in your postcode on that link you will be given enough detail to relate each mux names to one of your transmitter’s frequencies.

actually it's a little more than just interest ...
    i can see from the digitaluk site (for my addy) that winter hill also transmits (i.e. as well as the channels i have indentified) on a mux called "L-man". however, i can't find this mux on the channel listing page.

[joke]
    have i discovered a classified CIA transmitter & should i seriously consider fleeing to moscow in exile with ed snowden ?
    [/joke]

| Tue 16 Sep 2014 18:22:46 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Marv - 43 minutes ago  » 
    i can see from the digitaluk site (for my addy) that winter hill also transmits (i.e. as well as the channels i have indentified) on a mux called "L-man". however, i can't find this mux on the channel listing page.

L-MAN is only transmitted at 2kW power as opposed to the main multiplexes which are at 100kW. Let us know if you find out what it carries.

| Tue 16 Sep 2014 19:08:45 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marv

Martin Liddle - 23 hours ago  » 

Marv - 43 minutes ago  » 

L-MAN is only transmitted at 2kW power as opposed to the main multiplexes which are at 100kW. Let us know if you find out what it carries.

that's probably because it's secret martin

| Wed 17 Sep 2014 18:15:50 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.