My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Weird fault using the remote

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ratrods

Humax free sat + 1 TB recorder 5 years old approx?

This started a week ago and has got worse!
    Basically. push volume up button once and it doesn't stop goes to max!
    continual pushing the down vol several times it will eventually either stop the progression or will carry on to 0 vol then reverse to max vol!
    The same happens with channel changing push up/down button just once and it just wont stop, just carries on in a loop going through every channel.
    This happens on just about every thing if you are quick you can just catch a recorded film but it may takes time to make its mind up to play, hit the fast forward button to miss the commercials and it just carries on to the end of the film you cant stop it also goes from 2x 4x 8x 16x 32 without a break.
    I have tried turning the set off several times at the mains for 30 seconds and longer before reboot, no affect still has the same problem.
    Changed batteries in the remote in case batteries were weak and sending spurious signals.

Not much good using the very limited front manual controls.
    Anybody got any idea's whats happened to it?
    Doesn't seem to be an easy fix!

| Wed 27 Apr 2016 17:36:55 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Long shot - remove remote batteries press any button for say 30 seconds. Re-install batteries and try again. Is the box a Foxsat-HDR ? If so install the CF, anything with a web browser can control the box.

Welcome to our forum.

| Wed 27 Apr 2016 18:26:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ratrods - 49 minutes ago  » 

Have you checked that there isn't another remote in the room with a button held down by a book or similar? Might help if you state the model name of your box.

| Wed 27 Apr 2016 18:28:20 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Didn't someone with similar symptoms have a Roomba fail to fully connect with its docking station? Presumably it could be any robot infra red vacuum cleaner that does not go to standby properly, not just a Roomba.

| Wed 27 Apr 2016 19:25:57 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ratrods

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

ratrods - 49 minutes ago  » 

Have you checked that there isn't another remote in the room with a button held down by a book or similar? Might help if you state the model name of your box.

That was a good thinking!
    I have five remotes for various objects so I took the lot out the room, guess what it now works
    So one of the other remotes I assume has weak batteries as none of the other remotes were in a position of activation.

Thank you.
    Interesting that low batteries can/might cause this problem. One to remember!

| Wed 27 Apr 2016 19:45:28 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.