1. User has not uploaded an avatar

niknak

Does the T4R receive YouTube?

| Wed 12 Jun 2024 9:09:25 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Niknak,

Reading various comments currently online, slight delay with YouTube app. Hopefully it will be added asap. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems Manhattan are very slow in getting box released and also setup ready for launch. John L

| Wed 12 Jun 2024 9:54:46 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveG1946

No, it doesn't have an app for YouTube.
    It ertainly seems that the release of the T4R wasn't as slick as it might have been. There was no stock, then an initial burst, then nothing left but there now seems to be stock at Amazon. Dont no about other retailers.
    I suspect the software, including apps, is still a work in progress. Not a problem for me as my TV has most apps I want.
    I've contacted OneForAll and we are working together to figure out the setup codes for their remotes

| Wed 12 Jun 2024 21:11:42 #13 |
  4. prking

prking

My concern would be that the promised software updates don’t materialise. With the T3 there were various promises of updates much of which never materialised.

| Thu 13 Jun 2024 7:43:53 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

P623

Hi I had the following problems with this new model.
    Dropping wifi connection (contacted support no solution)
    Unit occasionally not acknowledging RC power on request (had to un plug and re boot to correct)
    On 2 occasions after powering down unit and tv both turned back on during the night (definitely not ghosts)

In all fairness when it’s stable it’s a great replacement for our old BT box

| Sat 15 Jun 2024 15:43:35 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

GordonNewlands

I have had 2 main problems with my T4-R (500GB). We have had the unit (from John Lewis) for a week:

1. WIFI dropping out regularly - despite being in the same room as the router and having a strong signal (4 bars showing on T4-R) we are experiencing regular disconnection of the wifi. I spoke to Manhattan support who have suggested selecting "energy saver" as the standby mode as an interim solution pending a software update (I had switched it to "sleep" for quicker start ups)
    2. Intermittently we are seeing extremely slow response time (approx 5+ seconds) to button presses when in Guide. Ie it takes 5+ seconds when pressing a direction/arrow button for the T4-R to respond. Also when pressing the Home button whilst in Guide this can also be equally slow to respond.

I have already tried a full factory reset but these problems were not resolved by this.

When it is working I really like the new box but if these are solved soon I will have to send it back.

| Tue 25 Jun 2024 16:39:38 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi GordonNewlands,

Welcome to the forum. Nice to hear about the Manhattan T4-R. Have you tried using ethernet cable solution with either directly to Router or via a powerline adaptor? Appreciate you want to use wifi & yes very, very frustrating that Manhattan have a bug with this, but if you want to stream movies at high resolution (i.e. 4K) I would have thought it would buffer? Just a thought in the meantime while Manhattan "race along" and find a solution.

I have the T3-R and so far I will keep this & not upgrade. It does have one issue from time to time with being very sluggish while fast fwd/rwd.
    Yes, I also contacted Manhattan last year, given a beta update a while back, but still an issue. They seem to be aware of some of the problems. Your slow response with epg, could be a similar problem relating maybe to processor/software issue. Who knows! I don't think factory reset will do much, I've tried it myself.

As with all pvrs, the inconvenience also is time taking to configure box back to your settings (if changed) & also rekeying in apps passwords/entering recording schedule. The Youview pvr had an advantage over Manhattan : the data is automatically stored on their server (so the broadcasters know what you are watching/recording!) & reloads your schedule onto your pvr when you did a factory reset/or full rescan of channels. Very ingenious idea! Not sure if any other pvrs do this. I only picked up a used Manhattan to test it out and have lived with it since November last year. It's got some good points. John L

| Tue 25 Jun 2024 17:55:20 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

GordonNewlands

Thanks for your message John. Yes I have tried an ethernet cable by relocating one of our mesh boxes next to the TV and wiring it up. It works but this uses the mesh node that was boosting the WiFi signal at the back of the house (not ideal solution). As an alternative I have now connected the T4R directly to the router signal (2.4mhz) rather than to the mesh WiFi signal. That is working so far but not sure if that is because I have switched the standby mode to energy saver mode. I'll need to experiment with this! The slow response issue could be a deal breaker if it doesn't resolve although it hasn't occurred for a couple of days. Other than these 2 issues the T4R is great, clear epg and logical menus. Thanks.

| Wed 26 Jun 2024 8:00:38 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

AlMac99

Our faithful FVP 5000 has finally bowed out (HDD died). Looked at its Aura replacement but decided enough was enough with Humax & its dreadful support/customer service. Just got the new Manhattan T4R. Only £169 & so far it has been tremendous. Only minor gripe is one less tuner for recording.

This forum has been superb over the last 5 years. Saved our sanity on numerous occasions. Thanks to all the stalwarts for the cumulative wisdom & advice. Much appreciated!

| Wed 26 Jun 2024 21:01:55 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveG1946

I have had no problems with the WiFi, but my router is in the same room and the box is connected directly to it (no intervening network) on 5Ghz. It can take a minute or so to connect to the WiFi, but it does tell you when it has

I too have noticed the box turning itself back on at, or just after, midnight.

I assume this is to reload the guide and add the seventh day. One night I turned it off again, and the next morning it took a while to load the guide for the seventh day

The PVR5000T also needed to be powered off each day so that it could load the latest updates to the guide (as I found to my cost when I went on holiday for 2 weeks, leaving powered on, and, on my return, found that no series recordings had been completed in the second week).

In the course of my discussions with Manhattan and OneForAll on the remote issues, I was told that there was a bug in the standby software which made Sleep and Smart (the "networked" setting apparently) unreliable. The temporary fix is to either turn off standby, or to use Energy Saver mode and live with the slower start up time.

Also the same problem is provoked by the use of "loop through on standby" so that should be turned off.

To my mind these are minor problems and I am assured by Manhattan (at a senior level) that they are being worked on.

I have shifted my mindset from using the box as the main source of my TV viewing to using it as a recorder and just going to it when I want to schedule or watch a recording. This also solves (for me) the problems with the T4R not having Netflix etc. But I do have these on my TV

As for the absence of the additional tuners, I just "watch list" anything on the BBC and use iPlayer when I want to watch it. Not that there is much point atm due to the BBC channels being filled with (predominately) the election, Wimbledon and football

| Fri 28 Jun 2024 12:34:43 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.