My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

What do people think of the Manhatten T4-R

(38 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

meadfoot

I would have gone for the Manhattan but for the fact that you can only record 2 channels as opposed to the Humaxs 4 think they missed something there

| Fri 28 Jun 2024 16:34:49 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveG1946

meadfoot - 3 hours ago  » 
    I would have gone for the Manhattan but for the fact that you can only record 2 channels as opposed to the Humaxs 4 think they missed something there

Maybe they did, but given what I've said about the way I use a recorder (time shifting - until I want to watch, and time saving - skipping adverts), I'm hard pushed to use 2 tuners, given the +1 channels and repeats. And I still don't have time to watch everything I record

If you really want/need 4 tuners, buy two 500GB T4Rs instead of one 1TB Aura. OK, it'll cost £100 more but there is redundancy if one of T4R fails

| Fri 28 Jun 2024 19:49:06 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

" buy two 500GB T4Rs instead of one 1TB Aura. OK, it'll cost £100 more" plus twice the energy consumption,2 aerial in and 2 HDMI to TV assuming it has 2 spare inputs. ridiculous idea. The complaints are already starting to mount up for the T4R and not sure it will fair much better than an Aura in time.

| Fri 28 Jun 2024 22:58:24 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

GordonNewlands

An update to my post on 25th June re the T4-R....it somehow seems to have cured itself of the problems we had in the first week:
    - no internet drop outs any more - despite being on "sleep" rather than "energy saver" standby mode. Result!
    - no delayed response times when navigating the EPG or anywhere else.

Not sure if there has been another software update since 1.04 (I havent checked) but, for whatever reason, it all seems to be running smoothly now. I am now very satisfied now if it continues to perform like this!

| Fri 5 Jul 2024 15:49:29 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveG1946

Email from Manhattan received today
    ----------------------------------------
    "An important new update for your T4•R is now available. Version 1.05 resolves many issues you may have faced and includes some minor improvements. You can find the full list of changes on our T4•R Software Updates page.

Important: Keep ‘Standby Mode’ set to ‘Energy Saver’ to ensure programmes record properly

While we've made significant progress with this update, one important issue remains. Your T4•R may miss scheduled recordings if you’ve changed the 'Standby Mode' from ‘Energy Saver’ to 'Sleep' or 'Smart'.

To ensure your programmes record properly, please keep the ‘Standby Mode’ set to 'Energy Saver'.

To check or change these settings:
    •Press HOME on your T4-R remote.
    •Go to: Settings > System > Standby Options.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding as we work to resolve this issue.

For those interested in the technical details, here’s what’s happening. When you schedule a recording and put the T4•R in standby, it tells the power management system when to wake up. However, in 'Sleep' and 'Smart' modes, this system sometimes fails to trigger the wake-up as it should.

Our team is working closely with MTK, the makers of the T4•R's chipset and power management system, to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Since the problem happens so infrequently, it is taking longer to resolve than other issues. We expect to have another update ready within the next 2-3 weeks to address it."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    So it appears that Manhattan are working to fix problems as they come to light.

And I have just received a new OneForAll remote (Evolve4) with the commands for the T4R coded into it. They sent this as a "thank you" for hooking them up with Manhattan so they could add the T4R code list to their database. I have found them (OneForAll) very helpful.

| Fri 5 Jul 2024 20:31:56 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

TheGhost

Can you customize the subtitles on the manhatton t4 or humax ie..make them bigger?

| Mon 8 Jul 2024 12:40:09 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveG1946

You can "zoom" the menus, which makes the text probably 25-50% bigger, but I couldn't find a way of doing the same with subtitles

| Mon 8 Jul 2024 12:49:38 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveG1946

Sorry, I wasn't clear. That is on the Manhattan. I don't know about the Humax (presumably you are thinking about the Aura)

| Mon 8 Jul 2024 12:51:56 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

TheGhost

Hi, no it's manhatton . If someone has the t4 can you screenshot a picture of aprogram with the subs on?

| Mon 8 Jul 2024 13:18:01 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

TheGhost - 5 hours ago  » 
    Hi, no it's manhatton . If someone has the t4 can you screenshot a picture of aprogram with the subs on?

In the accessibility settings on an Aura there are 5 options to change Font sizes from Very small through to Very large, not tried it myself but maybe someone can confirm if it is any good for subtitles.

| Mon 8 Jul 2024 19:01:24 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.