My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

What do people think of the Manhatten T4-R

(38 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveG1946

I;ve tried uploading a screenshot, but I can't seem to get it down to less than 1MB so the site won't upload it

| Tue 9 Jul 2024 11:15:25 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveG1946

Having another try. JPG file less than 1MB. Showing by the Browse button
    When I hit Upload, I get a popup saying I have to select some content

SUCESS!

Attachments

1. untitledcopy.jpg (911.7 KB, 0 downloads) 2 mnths old
    | Tue 9 Jul 2024 11:21:10 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

TheGhost

Hi thanks, I did contact manhatton yesterday and they sent Sd and HD screenshots. They said you can zoom menus but can't enlarge subtitles though he did say they are larger on sd and smaller on HD

| Tue 9 Jul 2024 11:59:41 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Knightore

I bought the T4-R Manhattan. Some programs the record light doesn’t show you think it’s not recording ITV2 doesn’t show the white record light for some reason. It’s only got two tuners like the T3-R .. it’s not long had an update because it was failing to record from standby in the middle of the night. All the recorders are as bad as each other I think they’re all rubbish.

| Thu 25 Jul 2024 22:24:26 #34 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Knightore - 13 hours ago  » 
    I bought the T4-R Manhattan. Some programs the record light doesn’t show you think it’s not recording ITV2 doesn’t show the white record light for some reason. It’s only got two tuners like the T3-R .. it’s not long had an update because it was failing to record from standby in the middle of the night. All the recorders are as bad as each other I think they’re all rubbish.

You obviously haven't tried Panasonic, got the odd quirk admittedly but just about rock solid reliable for what most people want, recording programmes to watch later.

| Fri 26 Jul 2024 12:11:55 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Knightore - 13 hours ago  » 

Hi Knightore,

I own a Manhattan T3-R and it's similar to the newer model in most aspects. I can understand your frustration with recordings, but after doing some work with YOUVIEW as a trialist + also visiting their headquarters in London for a training day, I learnt a lot about the product design and more importantly the broadcaster data & the user data from pvr. The main problem is the CRID data that is updated, keyed in by someone at each tv company to be provided for the pvrs. So, most of the time, problem isn't always the pvr box. Yes, true, you have to sometimes reset, reinstall firmware etc, but often there's a bug from broadcast data.

Maybe I have more patience? I Have LOADS of pvrs around home & when something is not right, I fix it! I don't spend time debating if I "might" fix it in days, weeks, etc. I want a solution asap & most of the time, pvr is springing back into action. If you have a issue with recording, often if you do a full retune, it not only retunes channels, but cleans up data on epg. But you then need the time to rekey in schedules.

All my pvrs are working brilliantly most of the time: Freeview from Humax, Panasonic, Manhattan, Youview and various Freesat pvrs. I love the pvr technology.
    None of the pvrs do everything in one box. They all seem to have overlapping features, some are better. The Panasonic allows you to add external HD + also edit/clip recordings, useful for recording long tv shows & you only want to keep 2 minutes of interview.

The Manhattan pvr is an excellent box. It's got good & bad points. What I have noticed is that if you programme a series. For example all week, when you check other days, it clearly gives you a individual status of if programme is going to be recorded or ignored due to other reasons, but this is not pvr fault & linked to broadcaster error. Hope this helps. But don't give up with your pvr. Lets hope more users don't give in to just streaming! John L

| Fri 26 Jul 2024 12:17:42 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveG1946

Update
    Manhattan have just (13 Aug) released version 1.07 of the software.

Apart from various (what I consider to be non-critical) fixes/enhancements), the problems encountered when the box is in standby in SMART or Sleep modes has been fixed. This also fixes the problem which meant that you couldn't use "Loopback in Standby".

There is also a feature that allows you to control the T4R over your local network. What this does is display a picture of the T4R remote in a browser on your tablet/phone etc. where the buttons are clickable!! It works, but WHY!!

I'm having no new problems with the box. Recording only the programs with adverts in and watching the rest on the iPlayer is woring for me, so only having 2 tuners is not an issue

| Wed 14 Aug 2024 9:05:22 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

DaveG1946 - 7 hours ago  » 
    Update
    There is also a feature that allows you to control the T4R over your local network. What this does is display a picture of the T4R remote in a browser on your tablet/phone etc. where the buttons are clickable!! It works, but WHY!!

Why does it work, or why bother supplying it?

It works my injecting the same command codes into the main software that the IR sensor and its circuitry does. It doesn't actually use the IR hardware but bypasses that by injecting the same type of commands further down the processing line.

I've got the same functionality on my HDR-FOX T2 and never had a need for it, although I think I heard of someone who was using while trying to sort out a replacement physical remote. The HDR-FOX T2 version of the LAN remote, (supplied by a 3rd party), also has the ability to record macros. The Humax FOXSAT (launched in 2008) has also a 3rd part plugin to enable similar.

| Wed 14 Aug 2024 16:24:14 #38 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.