My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

What happened 4th March?

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

KevinR

Saturday 3rd March I went through the EPG to set what I wanted to record. Had series links for BBC1 Countryfile and Upstairs Downstairs and ITV Wild at Heart. Left the PVR on standby. Went to it at 21.15 and noticed it hadn't recorded Countryfile and was not recording the other 2 that were then being transmitted. Loaded the EPG. All timings prior to 21.15 were blank for all channels. Upstairs Downstairs and Wild at Heart were listed, but no record icon. Hit the record button on both channels and got the remainder of the programmes. When both had finished I checked the EPG and all 3 were listed for series link recording next Sunday. Any idea what happened? It affected BBC and ITV so I guess it must be something with my Hummy 9200?

| Mon 5 Mar 2012 8:02:35 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Or your local transmitter? No problems noticed here from the Oxford transmitter.

| Mon 5 Mar 2012 11:21:54 #2 |
  3. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Had a similar thing on my Samsung TV over the weekend - not sure of the exact time (think it was Sat night as I was setting a wake up timer) but all BBC and ITV/C4 listings for the current programmes were blank but the rest of the epg was populated.
    CP transmitter.

Was working weekend so haven't checked it since. (use V+ box for normal viewing on this TV).

| Mon 5 Mar 2012 19:45:30 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

KevinR

I don't think it was the transmitter because we receive from Moel y Parc in Wales and I know someone else who lives in the enxt street who has the same model Hummy and they didn't have the problem. The only difference is that our PVR is set to start and finish on time whereas theirs has the original default overlaps so theirs doesn't adjust for changes in transmission time.

| Wed 7 Mar 2012 8:11:04 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

KevinR - 2 hours ago  » 
    I don't think it was the transmitter because we receive from Moel y Parc in Wales and I know someone else who lives in the enxt street who has the same model Hummy and they didn't have the problem. The only difference is that our PVR is set to start and finish on time whereas theirs has the original default overlaps so theirs doesn't adjust for changes in transmission time.

Setting padding eliminates the box looking for the accurate recording change of running status codes which start and stop accurate recordings, so the epg times are used adjusted according to the padding settings. . My Freesat box also had similar problems reported here down to the BBC not transmitting the running status change until 34 minutes after Upstairs Downstairs had started.

If you use AR the box wakes up 15 minutes or so before a recording is due to watch for the codes. Using Padding eliminates this and the box wakes up at the recording time.

As a result of this the epg is never updated on an unattended box so recordings fail after a week unless a auto on/off is programmed daily. You should check your friend knows this.

| Wed 7 Mar 2012 10:28:19 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum KevinR

Something amiss last night as well:

Freeview both started at 21:00

Horizon Solar Storms extra 38 mins on end BBC HD (freesat recording is correct duration)
    Prisoners wives extra 39 mins on end BBC 1HD

If you had the following programmes to record you may have a failure 'unable to track' eg Survivors on BBC HD @ 22:00

| Wed 7 Mar 2012 10:49:20 #6 |
  7. brian

brian

special member

Something similar last night on Freeview with Channel 4HD from 21:00 an extra 37 mins on the end.

| Wed 7 Mar 2012 13:34:23 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

stevieboy

Yes I saw this also on both BBC1 HD and Channel 4 HD last night i.e. extra 30+ mins for Gypsy Wedding and Prisoner's Wives.

Forgot to add I'm on Winter Hill transmitter.

| Wed 7 Mar 2012 15:13:36 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.