My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

What happened to my "series link."

(7 posts)
  1. Doghouse

Doghouse

I'd had Bergerac on series link on "Yesterday" but it kept cutting off a couple of minutes from the end, so I added five minutes to the recording time.

This worked fine other than it then recorded a programme at the scheduled time on Saturday and Sunday when Bergerac wasn't on, but that wasn't a problem.

Bergerac has finished now, so I've deleted the planned recordings. So I've nothing planned for which I've altered the recording time.

But now when I click on to record a programme it won't offer me "series link," when I know that programme is part of a series. I've obviously done something to "upset it"

anyone with any ideas?

Many thanks.

| Tue 30 Apr 2013 17:07:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Give us a clue?

which programme are you trying to record and on which channel and which Humax do you have?

Also a power cycle, at a convenient time, tends to sort out strange problems. switch off the Humax using the remote, wait for it to shut down, switch off at back or at plug, wait 10 -20 seconds, switch back on again

| Tue 30 Apr 2013 17:33:40 #2 |
  3. Doghouse

Doghouse

Thanks for responding. It's a 9300T
    I thought about turning it on and off, but that usually means losing all the planned recordings. I was hoping to resolve it without reinstalling everything.
    I've tried doing what you suggested and it made no difference. So I've made a note of the programmes I wanted recording. Clicked on "default settings" and am reinstalling.
    When the programme guide comes back on I'll try pre-recording everything again and see what happens.

| Tue 30 Apr 2013 18:00:29 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

can you let us know one of the series-link recording that fails just in case it's an epg problem and unrelated to the Humax.

Also it shouldn't lose the planned recording when switched off afaik, does this happen when you put it into standby or physically switching it off?

There was a post fairly recently where the owner was also losing planned recordings. There would appear to be a problem with the PSU and/or board. I don't have one of these so can't help, but I'd be looking at the rtc or lithium battery if on board or dodgy capacitors if a factory reset hadn't helped. Barry was looking into a consecutive timers failing problem recently, but as yet no update or indication as to what the problem is or what the fix might be

| Tue 30 Apr 2013 18:25:15 #4 |
  5. Doghouse

Doghouse

Perhaps I explained badly, I only lose the planned recordings with a re-install.

Doing what I said I was going to do, seems to have cured the problem, i.e. back to default settings and re-install. It's now offering me "series link."
    Thanks for taking the trouble to respond.

| Tue 30 Apr 2013 18:34:28 #5 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Doghouse - 3 hours ago  » 
    Perhaps I explained badly, I only lose the planned recordings with a re-install.
    Doing what I said I was going to do, seems to have cured the problem, i.e. back to default settings and re-install. It's now offering me "series link."
    Thanks for taking the trouble to respond.

In post #1 you said you added 5 minutes to the recording time, did you add the 5 minutes in Menu > Record > Recording's Start/End Time (global padding)? Doing this will turn off Series-Link, there is actually a warning message to tell you this will happen! Setting global padding to anything other than 'On Time' will turn off all Freeview+ features. A Default Setting will have cured the problem because it has set your global padding back to 'On Time', its default value. Switching off the mains power will not delete your recording schedule.

| Tue 30 Apr 2013 22:11:40 #6 |
  7. Doghouse

Doghouse

Thanks for that, as I said "I only lose the planned recordings with a re-install."

I was pretty sure the default setting would cure it, as adding five minutes to just the one programme series, seemed to have caused the problem in the first place.

| Tue 30 Apr 2013 22:24:46 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.