My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

What is a good replacement for HB-1100S?

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Salvador

My HB-1100S died in an accident and I am looking for an a more modern replacement.The HB-1100S filled most of my needs(compact, external hard drive, one touch record, iplayer, youtube while it worked,pause and backtrack livestream on both TV and radio, and so on) apart from a few minor niggles : can't manually change network settings, youtube stopped, iplayer subtitles erratic, no last channel button. Oh, and no All4, although this is not a Humax problem.

Which model now replaces the HB-1100S, which I suppose is now getting a bit old in the tooth?

| Fri 20 Nov 2020 13:29:06 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Salvador - 16 mins ago  » 
    My HB-1100S died in an accident and I am looking for an a more modern replacement.The HB-1100S filled most of my needs(compact, external hard drive, one touch record, iplayer, youtube while it worked,pause and backtrack livestream on both TV and radio, and so on) apart from a few minor niggles : can't manually change network settings, youtube stopped, iplayer subtitles erratic, no last channel button.
    Which model now replaces the HB-1100S, which I suppose is now getting a bit old in the tooth?

Humax no longer make freesat kit.

| Fri 20 Nov 2020 13:49:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Salvador

OK, thanks. I'll look out for one on Ebay.
    Any idea why they stopped?

| Fri 20 Nov 2020 14:04:12 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Salvador - 2 mins ago  » 
    OK, thanks. I'll look out for one on Ebay.
    Any idea why they stopped?

Freesat gave the contract for the new 4K freesat box to arris

https://www.freesat.co.uk/get-freesat/set-top-boxes/recordable-4k-tv-box?ds_rl=1282792&ds_rl=1288938&ds_rl=1288938&ds_rl=1282792&gclid=CjwKCAiA7939BRBMEiwA-hX5JyN6IKAwwlbizFYdzzQFlRS-Sl8LHS9Nowgq0aRVf2UMXHT25nPx9xoCLWsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

| Fri 20 Nov 2020 14:07:15 #4 |
  5. foxleybob

foxleybob

special member

Do you Graham or anyone else have knowledge of this Arris model?

| Fri 20 Nov 2020 14:49:23 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Salvador - 1 hour ago  » 
    My HB-1100S died in an accident and I am looking for an a more modern replacement.The HB-1100S filled most of my needs(compact, external hard drive, one touch record, iplayer, youtube while it worked,pause and backtrack livestream on both TV and radio, and so on) apart from a few minor niggles : can't manually change network settings, youtube stopped, iplayer subtitles erratic, no last channel button. Oh, and no All4, although this is not a Humax problem.

You can manually change network settings but this option is only enabled if a DHCP server is not found. The time out for a response from the server is quite long. Disable DHCP on your router and reboot the router. Reboot the Humax and go to network settings and select re-connect and wait (from memory).

| Fri 20 Nov 2020 15:30:15 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

foxleybob - 45 mins ago  » 
    Do you Graham or anyone else have knowledge of this Arris model?

Only what I have read from other posters on other forums.

Main problem is when used with a 4K TV it turns on hdr even when not present so royally screws up the picture quality.

Worse still Freesat and Arris say it cannot be fixed.

| Fri 20 Nov 2020 15:38:55 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Salvador

You can manually change network settings but this option is only enabled if a DHCP server is not found. The time out for a response from the server is quite long. Disable DHCP on your router and reboot the router. Reboot the Humax and go to network settings and select re-connect and wait (from memory).

Yes, I did that for a while. But the Humax reverted after a few days. In the end I set up an old spare router in the sitting room as a wifi access point and changed the DNS settings on it. Of course the problem is academic now....

| Fri 20 Nov 2020 17:13:17 #8 |
  9. foxleybob

foxleybob

special member

OK chaps
    for some reason it's working again (for now).
    I had left it unplugged overnight as couldn't use it.
    Then tried again in the morning and it came on after taking a loooong time to start which has always been a pain.
    Anyway now that it's working I can get into "settings", but cannot find where to do a system reset?

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 6:15:45 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.