My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

What is htmi cec?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pinkheart

Sorry for being an idiot but I’ve had a yellow message on screen twice this week. It disappears before I can read it but said something about htmi, I think.....possibly something about incompatibility but I’m not sure. tbh, it’s on for only seconds, then it’s gone. It’s not like the ‘weak signal’ message type.....it’s much smaller, finer writing with no black background.
    I had a look in settings Incase anything showed up.
    I found tv power control in the htmi cec area. It says ‘when tv power control is set to on, the tv or htmi cec supported device turns on or off automatically when the receiver is turned on or off’.
    I’m not normal such a dunce but I’ve had a screaming headache for 10hrs now and just can’t work out what it means or if it’s relevant.
    Tv power control is set to ON.
    Thank you for your patience!!

| Wed 8 Jan 2020 21:18:14 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pinkheart

Tv power is actually turned to OFF....I misread it! Sorry!

| Thu 9 Jan 2020 1:28:28 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Hdmi-cec, when activated on the Humax and the TV, means that when you turn your TV off the Humax turns off and vice-versa (as it says in the settings).
    The message you are getting looks like the one that you get if you have a Humax connected to the TV AND another recording device (such as a VHS or DVD) connected via the scart socket. Either that or perhaps your TV isn't full HD and you need to reduce the output of the Humax to 720p?

| Thu 9 Jan 2020 4:51:25 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pinkheart

Ahha! Thank you both!

| Thu 9 Jan 2020 18:59:26 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.