My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

What is your display settings?

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crewitt

Hello everyone,

I'm very curious on how you have set up you Aura.

I was using forced 4k60p but find the news tickers jerky, so switched to 4k50p.

I have tried Auto with dynamic refresh, which was great, however browsing apps like Twitch was a nightmare with switching refresh rate.

| Sun 7 Feb 2021 9:28:42 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I use 1080p. This allows a 4K TV to do the upscaling and using a splitter to share output with two TV's (Other one in Kitchen which is a full - HD one).

| Sun 7 Feb 2021 12:46:55 #2 |
  3. The Moog

The Moog

I have left it on 'auto' for the time being, but would be keen to see a 'native' option so that I can control where any scaling happens. I have a 4k TV but also a 1080P projector, so would like my AVR to receive the native signal and then scale it once for the relevant display.

| Wed 10 Feb 2021 12:24:10 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The Moog - 3 mins ago  » 
    I have left it on 'auto' for the time being, but would be keen to see a 'native' option so that I can control where any scaling happens. I have a 4k TV but also a 1080P projector, so would like my AVR to receive the native signal and then scale it once for the relevant display.

Because I send the signals to two TV's A kitchen one (Full-HD) and lounge at the same time. I normally keep it on 1080p leaving the lounge TV to scale to 2160p

If I want to view iplayer 4K HLG HDR content I set it to 4K 50Hz.

| Wed 10 Feb 2021 12:31:51 #4 |
  5. The Moog

The Moog

grahamlthompson - 50 mins ago  » 

The Moog - 3 mins ago  » 

Because I send the signals to two TV's A kitchen one (Full-HD) and lounge at the same time. I normally keep it on 1080p leaving the lounge TV to scale to 2160p

It would be great to have a 'native' resolution option so that this happens automatically, like with the native frame rate setting. Then the AVR receives content in its native format and can scale it or not depending on the intended display device.

| Wed 10 Feb 2021 13:25:08 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The Moog - 2 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 50 mins ago  » 

The Moog - 3 mins ago  » 

It would be great to have a 'native' resolution option so that this happens automatically, like with the native frame rate setting. Then the AVR receives content in its native format and can scale it or not depending on the intended display device.

There are issues implementing this on sites like Disney+ who have adaptive bitrates. They reduce the bitrate according to the speed of your download connection.

| Wed 10 Feb 2021 15:30:40 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crewitt

I was surprised how it works currently, I'd also like it to just do what's there natively, it's a nightmare on apps that autoplay videos at different rates, like Twitch, Tiktok and probably netflix if it ever lands.

| Wed 10 Feb 2021 21:01:07 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Crewitt - 1 hour ago  » 
    I was surprised how it works currently, I'd also like it to just do what's there natively, it's a nightmare on apps that autoplay videos at different rates, like Twitch, Tiktok and probably netflix if it ever lands.

How do imagine the box can determine the native frame rate on apps that vary it according to your local download speed capability.

Every user would be different.

Live Tv is different. The broadcast standards are well known.

Freeview-SD on terrestrial is now 704 x 576 interlaced at 25 fps. Sattelite SD remains at 720 x 576 interlaced.

Freeview-HD can be either 1080p25 or 1080i 50 fields/second and constantly switch between the two dynamically between adjacent GOPs (Group Of Pictures).

The 1080p50 setting copes with this without issue.

| Wed 10 Feb 2021 22:38:32 #8 |
  9. The Moog

The Moog

My 2.5 year old Vero 4k+ seems to deal with this just fine across the local network, delivering native frame rate and resolution, as well as passing Atmos and DTS:X over HDMI to my AVR. Is it too much to ask to get the newer and more expensive Aura to do the same?

| Thu 11 Feb 2021 0:14:29 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Crewitt

The Moog - 9 hours ago  » 
    My 2.5 year old Vero 4k+ seems to deal with this just fine across the local network, delivering native frame rate and resolution, as well as passing Atmos and DTS:X over HDMI to my AVR. Is it too much to ask to get the newer and more expensive Aura to do the same?

This, if you look at other devices they to I'd on the fly, there's no real need to do a new handshake just because the content has changed.

Games consoles have been doing it for years without it for example.

| Thu 11 Feb 2021 9:51:07 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.