My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

What to format hard drive

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello,

I am having problems with my FVP 4000T box and I want to format the hard drive and wipe all the software off the box and re-stall the software from the Humax webpage, can someone tell me how I do this.

Thanks

Matthew

| Mon 31 Aug 2020 23:14:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Apache - 57 mins ago  » 
    I am having problems with my FVP 4000T box and I want to format the hard drive and wipe all the software off the box and re-stall the software from the Humax webpage, can someone tell me how I do this.

I take it that you are aware that the software isn't held on the hard drive (it is in flash RAM on the motherboard)? The software on the Humax web site isn't the latest version but gives the instructions for installing it, see https://uk.humaxdigital.com/support/?product_id=3793&curr_page=sw_release You can format the hard drive on the box by: Freeview play button>Settings>PVR Seetings>Recording Options>Format storage.

You might want to describe the problems you are having before doing any of this.

| Tue 1 Sep 2020 0:22:56 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello Martin
    Thanks for getting back to me, you say that the software is a flash ram on the motherboard, I had a old FVP 4000T box and the hard drive died so I replaced the hard drive with the same one that was in the box but after I had done this the box would not record because I was told that the software was installed on the hard drive and humax told me that the software was too old and they no longer had the software.

Is there a way to give feedback to ask humax if there can update the software and build the software update into the full version of software.

Any help would be great

Thanks
    Matthew

| Thu 3 Sep 2020 20:34:40 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Apache - 44 mins ago  » 
    Thanks for getting back to me, you say that the software is a flash ram on the motherboard, I had a old FVP 4000T box and the hard drive died so I replaced the hard drive with the same one that was in the box but after I had done this the box would not record because I was told that the software was installed on the hard drive and humax told me that the software was too old and they no longer had the software.

What Humax support say and the reality of the situation are not always the same thing. The software for all the Humax boxes that I know about is in flash RAM. The FVP-4000T uses the same software as the FVP-5000T so how they could say they didn't have it is just beyond my comprehension.

Is there a way to give feedback to ask humax if there can update the software and build the software update into the full version of software.

All the software update versions are complete, full versions of the software. The only way I know to give feedback to Humax is to contact the support department.

| Thu 3 Sep 2020 21:25:20 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hi Martin

Thanks for getting back to me.
    So if I replaced the hard drive with a new one just have to download the software to a USB stick and install it.
    So if I format the hard drive could and stop box from setting up could I run the setup from the USB stick?
    Do you know what hard drive I need because on the old box I had I had to get a special hard drive.
    Thanks

Matthew

| Thu 3 Sep 2020 22:19:05 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Apache - 13 hours ago  » 
    So if I replaced the hard drive with a new one just have to download the software to a USB stick and install it.
    So if I format the hard drive could and stop box from setting up could I run the setup from the USB stick?

Can we go back to the start please. Exactly what problems do you have with the box?

| Fri 4 Sep 2020 12:04:13 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hi Martin
    The problems i am facing are sometimes when bring, the FVP 5000T out of stand by only half the icons at the bottom of the main screen only show, also sometimes get a message telling me no internet connection, but have changed the Cable but still get the problem.

also sometimes when bring the box out of standby press the white menu button on the remote and the menu will not appear keep press the white button on the remote and the menu will appear.

Also sometimes when I press the white button to load the menu up the channel that the box is on stays on and guide is on top of the the picture.

Also sometimes the remote control will not work have charged the battery but still get the problem.
    Also sometimes when I press say the white button on the remote the box will turn off.

Please note I have a FVP 5000T box and not 4000T.

Thanks
    Matthew

| Fri 4 Sep 2020 23:26:04 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Apache - 13 hours ago  » 
    The problems i am facing are sometimes when bring, the FVP 5000T out of stand by only half the icons at the bottom of the main screen only show, also sometimes get a message telling me no internet connection, but have changed the Cable but still get the problem.

Does the cable run directly to the router or are there powerline adapters involved?

also sometimes when bring the box out of standby press the white menu button on the remote and the menu will not appear keep press the white button on the remote and the menu will appear.

Sometimes I do find the box is slow to respond for a couple of minutes after starting up.

Also sometimes when I press the white button to load the menu up the channel that the box is on stays on and guide is on top of the the picture.

In the "on-Screen Display" section of settings is the "Transparent Display" setting on or off?

Also sometimes the remote control will not work have charged the battery but still get the problem.

You say that you Have "charged the battery"; are you attempting to use rechargeable batteries?

Also sometimes when I press say the white button on the remote the box will turn off.

How frequently does that happen?

I am not convinced that reinstalling firmware or changing the hard drive will help with any of these issues.

| Sat 5 Sep 2020 14:41:22 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hi Martin
    Thanks for getting back to me I will check what you are asking and get back to you.

Thanks

Matthew

| Sat 5 Sep 2020 23:04:54 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hi Martin

I using BT power line adapters.
    Transparent Display Is turned off.
    Use rechargeable batteries.
    Get no warning when I press any button on the romote control it just happens out of

Hope this help Martin .

Thanks

Matthew

| Sun 6 Sep 2020 10:16:56 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.