Martin Liddle

special member

Apache - 2 hours ago  » 
    I using BT power line adapters.

Could you specify which model please.

Transparent Display Is turned off.

OK.

Use rechargeable batteries.

I would not use rechargeable batteries in a remote control; they typically have a rated voltage when fully charged of 1.25V to 1.3V. The disposable batteries supplied by Humax have a rated voltage of 1.5V and in my experience will last for at least a couple of years.

| Sun 6 Sep 2020 12:51:03 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hi Martin,

I use BT 1000 power line adapters.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Matthew

| Sun 6 Sep 2020 17:52:17 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Apache - 31 mins ago  » 
    I use BT 1000 power line adapters.

OK, I can't find much technical information about them. When you lose Internet connection have you tried unplugging and then plugging in the powerline adapters to see if that restores the internet connection. If it does it points the finger at the powerline adapters as the problem. With some makes of powerline adapter you can turn off sleep mode which often helps with connectivity to the Humax.

| Sun 6 Sep 2020 18:28:04 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello Martin
    Thanks for getting back to me. What make of power line adapters do you think I need
    Please can you let me know.

Thanks

Matthew

| Sun 6 Sep 2020 22:46:18 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Apache - 13 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for getting back to me. What make of power line adapters do you think I need

My advice is to contact BT support and see if they can tell you how to turn off the power saving feature. If that doesn't work then TP-Link adapters can have the power saving feature turned of by using an app that you can download from their support site. I am sure some other makes will also allow power saving to be turned off.

| Mon 7 Sep 2020 12:19:01 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hi Martin,

Thanks for getting back to me, I will connect BT, also a quick update have changed the batteries in the remote and this has help the remote works fast and does not get stuck.
    Will let you know the outcome after i have connected BT.

Thanks
    Matthew

| Mon 7 Sep 2020 23:11:01 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

Hi Matthew, Further to what Martin has said, I had very similar problems with my FVP 400 (Which is virtually the same as the 5000 in a different case , as far as I can see and is definitely the same software.
    i solved my problems with a change of remote after seeing umpteen subscribers slagging off the original humax remote, I bought an RM series replacement remote on e-bay it was the RM RMD3056 I think it was £11. and all my problems of having to use the remote near the unit before it carried out the command and the command not responding to the button press, The Humax remote only worked about every second press. I twas about the best £11 I ever spent and had it not improved things the FVP 4000 would have been binned
    Hope this is of use to anyone who like me was getting driven mad by the "sticky" remote

Thanks Boyd

| Thu 8 Oct 2020 14:06:08 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

mactoshb - 14 mins ago  » 
    Hi Matthew, Further to what Martin has said, I had very similar problems with my FVP 400 (Which is virtually the same as the 5000 in a different case , as far as I can see and is definitely the same software.
    i solved my problems with a change of remote after seeing umpteen subscribers slagging off the original humax remote, I bought an RM series replacement remote on e-bay it was the RM RMD3056 I think it was £11. and all my problems of having to use the remote near the unit before it carried out the command and the command not responding to the button press, The Humax remote only worked about every second press. I twas about the best £11 I ever spent and had it not improved things the FVP 4000 would have been binned
    Hope this is of use to anyone who like me was getting driven mad by the "sticky" remote
    Thanks Boyd

Snap.
    I've only briefly owned a HUMAX FVP but the change of a remote was immediatly obvious.
    Going around the Guide and the menus with a well used remote intended for an HDR-FOX T2 or a remote for a Humax Youview was positively zippy.

| Thu 8 Oct 2020 14:32:37 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

I agree, , haven't tried a fox T2 but the original remote for a youView DTR1010 remote worked fine

| Thu 8 Oct 2020 19:29:29 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello Martin,
    Just a quick update, I have had the box replaced as the old box died,
    So thanks for your help.
    Thanks
    Matthew

| Thu 8 Oct 2020 20:19:10 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.