My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

When recording have the speech assistance

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Krep

I have had my wonderful Foxsat HDR for a few years now and its brilliant. But for a few months I have a problem that is driving me MAD! I have disabled all the assistance for the blind and deaf etc and still I get the voice telling us what we are seeing. I have gone through the menu/options many many times and disabled all the stuff that allows the speech for the impaired to be not be recorded. And yet it still is there. Its getting on my nerves and my wifes. Is there anything I have missed? I have the user manual and gone through it. Please, any tips to stop this that I have missed please

| Sat 12 Sep 2015 21:55:41 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

From memory as I no longer have a Foxsat.
    The audio description (AD) where present on a transmission is controlled by the remote AD button.

| Sun 13 Sep 2015 7:13:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Krep

Hi I think I have done that. But I will have a look again to see if that is the problem. I have gone over and over it. SO i am sure I dealt with that. THANKS I will let you know

| Sun 13 Sep 2015 11:00:36 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Krep - 50 minutes ago  » 
    Hi I think I have done that. But I will have a look again to see if that is the problem. I have gone over and over it. SO i am sure I dealt with that. THANKS I will let you know

Press the remote button marked with a loudspeaker and question mark to the right of the text button 3rd row up from the bottom and select the standard audio track rather than the AD one.

| Sun 13 Sep 2015 11:53:14 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Good spot Graham - I missed that it was only on recording playback.

| Sun 13 Sep 2015 17:39:54 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Krep

Tried it and it only stated AUDIO- English. So hasn't really had the problem resolved. I may just reset to manufactures settings to see if that resolves it. Its so annoying for us. Obviously not for the visually impaired.

| Mon 14 Sep 2015 8:49:58 #6 |
  7. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Krep - 47 minutes ago  » 
    Tried it and it only stated AUDIO- English

Are you doing that while playing a recording with which you are having this issue?

| Mon 14 Sep 2015 9:38:36 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Krep

No not at all. Am I suppose to?

| Mon 14 Sep 2015 12:40:44 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Krep

Okay I pressed the button and got two items. 1 Audio description and 2 English. But I have never before had this problem. It seems that by pressing this button it does seem to stop this audio help. But its set on audio help when my option are set to NO audio help in the menu. So I am confused. But at least I can now stop it. I thank you very much. I will need a new one shortly so this is making me rethinking if there are other models out there better than Humax

| Mon 14 Sep 2015 12:53:46 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Krep - 2 hours ago  » 
    Okay I pressed the button and got two items. 1 Audio description and 2 English. But I have never before had this problem. It seems that by pressing this button it does seem to stop this audio help. But its set on audio help when my option are set to NO audio help in the menu. So I am confused. But at least I can now stop it. I thank you very much. I will need a new one shortly so this is making me rethinking if there are other models out there better than Humax

Recordings with audio description have two sound tracks, normally the normal sound track is selected. At some time you must have accidentally changed to the AD track and in doing so changed the default audio track. It's nothing to do with Humax, that's the way the broadcasters provide AD on Freesat boxes. Freeview+ uses a different system on HD channels using aac rather than ac3 audio.

| Mon 14 Sep 2015 15:07:37 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.