My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

When will "fixed" boxes be available to buy?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alanm1969

OK, so I have had the full gamut: disk getting formatted, "unsupported file type" when trying to play a recording, loss of time buffer etc etc etc.

Now at the point where I'm going to have to ditch the 3+ year old junk and replace with another - I wish I had a choice of G2 recorder!

So, what serial numbers do I need to look for to ensure the new box has the fix to these issues? Or do I take pot luck and then have to pay to have it fixed under warranty if I'm out of luck?

Many thanks,

Alan..

| Tue 6 Dec 2016 15:06:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Alanm1969 - 1 hour ago  » 
    OK, so I have had the full gamut: disk getting formatted, "unsupported file type" when trying to play a recording, loss of time buffer etc etc etc.
    Now at the point where I'm going to have to ditch the 3+ year old junk and replace with another - I wish I had a choice of G2 recorder!
    So, what serial numbers do I need to look for to ensure the new box has the fix to these issues? Or do I take pot luck and then have to pay to have it fixed under warranty if I'm out of luck?
    Many thanks,
    Alan..

If you get a wrong-un I'm sure you will know very quickly. In those circumstances it is not up to you to prove a fault if under six months old. If you have had it for less than 30 days you would be entitled to a full refund.

They are only allowed one repair now. After that if the fault still exists you can demand a pro-rata refund or a replacement.

| Tue 6 Dec 2016 16:35:50 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Your solution is a disk format. Not ideal I agree.
    Had the same 18+ Months back, Now all OK.

| Tue 6 Dec 2016 18:44:37 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.