My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Where has BBC Sports stream gone

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lednuc

I had a FVP 4000T box which worked perfectly for nearly two years, however just before Christmas it would no longer stream live programs from the BBC Sports app. No changes had been made to my installation.
    There were no problems with any other pick or stream. And everything else in the BBC Sports app worked perfectly, whether choosing the app by 'Picks' or by the 'red' button. However when selecting the Sports live streams, up with the white rotating disk for 30 seconds or so followed by the message 'Something has gone wrong'.
    I contacted Humax Support and followed instructions and advice from a number of emails which involved trying going back to default; checking internet lines and strength (50Mbt); checking that the latest software was installed - even re-installing same, etc.
    Everything else works perfectly - all other 'Picks' etc., but not the BBC Sports app or red button live stream.
    After trying all ideas, Humax changed my box under warranty. All excitement after Christmas when the replacement box arrived. Guess what? - exactly the same problem - no BBC Sports live stream and the dreaded 'Something has gone wrong message!!!
    ANY SUGGESTIONS? I MISS MY SNOOKER AND WINTER SPORTS!!!

| Tue 5 Feb 2019 13:30:32 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

lednuc - 30 minutes ago  » 
    I had a FVP 4000T box which worked perfectly for nearly two years, however just before Christmas it would no longer stream live programs from the BBC Sports app.

Not something I have used before but just tried on my FVP-5000T and I see the same failure as you. If you aren't getting anywhere with Humax then try raising it with the BBC; go to the BBC web site and search for complaints and fill in the on-line form. I think you stand a reasonable chance of at least getting a response and if they think there is a general problem with the FVP boxes then just possibly they may be able to apply pressure to Humax in a way that we as users can't.

| Tue 5 Feb 2019 14:04:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Same failure here (4000t) but app works as it should on my LG TV.

| Tue 5 Feb 2019 14:41:14 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.