My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Where have my recorded programs gone?! Help!

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Emma

After getting home from work today I have gone to watch a recorded programme(on my PVR-9300T) only to discover that there aren't any there! There should be about 170ish, there were last night.

The memory shows that there is only 7% left which is about right but the programmes just aren't there - or just aren't visible.

Can anyone help?

| Thu 26 Jul 2012 20:10:20 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Emma - 50 minutes ago  » 
    After getting home from work today I have gone to watch a recorded programme(on my PVR-9300T) only to discover that there aren't any there! There should be about 170ish, there were last night.

The file system is corrupt. The only way to recover the programs is to open the Humax, connect the hard drive to a PC and use humaxrw in recovery mode to download the programs to the PC, see http://humaxdisk.wikispaces.com/HumaxRW

| Thu 26 Jul 2012 21:03:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Emma

Thank you very much for this Martin. Forgive my ignorance but after at quick glance at this does this mean I can then format the hard drive and then 'reload' the programs onto it?

| Thu 26 Jul 2012 21:16:47 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Emma - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thank you very much for this Martin. Forgive my ignorance but after at quick glance at this does this mean I can then format the hard drive and then 'reload' the programs onto it?

That is how it is supposed to work and indeed how it does work on the 9200. It is certainly possible to download the programs from the 9300 but a couple of people have reported problems in putting them back. I have raised the issue with the author of humaxrw and he is happy to try and fix the problem but he needs the cooperation of a 9300 owner as neither he nor I own a 9300.

| Thu 26 Jul 2012 22:31:44 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Emma

Thank you Martin. I'm afraid that I've not really tinkered with any equipment like this before so it makes me a little anxious!

Would I be right in assuming that if we run humaxrw recovery mode we will definately be able to then format the 9300 and then carry on using it as normal BUT the only question is whether or not we can replace the programs?

You say that a couple of people have reported problems so can I take this to mean that it has worked for other users?

I'm not familiar with the file formats used on the humax but is the only way to view them by getting them back on to the recorder?

Thank you for your help in this.

| Fri 27 Jul 2012 10:33:18 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Emma - 2 hours ago  » 
    Would I be right in assuming that if we run humaxrw recovery mode we will definately be able to then format the 9300 and then carry on using it as normal BUT the only question is whether or not we can replace the programs?

Absolutely correct. I am reasonably confident that if you are prepared to cooperate with the humaxrw author, he will be able to fix the problem that prevents them being replaced.

You say that a couple of people have reported problems so can I take this to mean that it has worked for other users?

The issue being reported appears to be specific to the 9300. I know that humaxrw can copy files back on a 9200 and the differences between the file systems are small.

I'm not familiar with the file formats used on the humax but is the only way to view them by getting them back on to the recorder?

I am not an expert on this but I think you should be able to play them back from the PC as is; certainly with a little processing you definitely will be able to.

| Fri 27 Jul 2012 13:27:32 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Emma

That is very helpful thank you. Do you know how I can contact the humaxrw author so that I can find out what would be involved?

| Fri 27 Jul 2012 13:43:59 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Emma - 8 hours ago  » 
    That is very helpful thank you. Do you know how I can contact the humaxrw author so that I can find out what would be involved?

Just post here. I suspect it would involve running a program to capture an image of the Humax file system after attempting to reload a few programs.

| Fri 27 Jul 2012 21:54:53 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

alannnnn

This problem has only just happened to me today and i'm not sure about opening the box up and connecting it to the computer, i'm not that good with computer language ,it's not my thing but one thing i would ask is ,is it possible for the 9300 to go back to the way it was with out doing anything.it just a thought,a happy one at that

| Wed 1 Aug 2012 22:12:32 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

alannnnn - 15 minutes ago  » 
    but one thing i would ask is ,is it possible for the 9300 to go back to the way it was with out doing anything.it just a thought,a happy one at that

Just format the disk from the HDD Control menu (default password is 0000) and the box will perform as previously but the recordings will be lost.

| Wed 1 Aug 2012 22:29:33 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.