My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Where is "+" symbol on Harmony Elite

(42 posts)
  1. RogerB

RogerB

special member

I am trying to figure out where on my new Harmony Elite remote the "+" symbol might be? This is used as the EDIT button on the Schedule page and the OPTIONS button on the EPG page. Anyone got one and could throw some light? TIA R-

| Wed 8 Aug 2018 15:44:26 #1 |
  2. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

I've also recently got one but haven't got round to setting it up yet, but looking at the Harmony help site you may need to customise one of the buttons.
    https://support.myharmony.com/en-gb/customizing-physical-buttons-on-your-remote

I'm swapping from an OFA X-Sight programmed via remote master software so don't know if I'll get on with the Harmony yet

| Wed 8 Aug 2018 18:10:51 #2 |
  3. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Yes I tried that with the blue button in the RED-GREEN-YELLOW-BLUE range at the bottom, but it did not work. There are not many buttons you can divert to this function. The "+" is available on the iPhone app but it would be good to find where they have hidden it on the remote. It must be there I'd have thought. R-

| Wed 8 Aug 2018 19:13:41 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

You have twice as many button presses available as you think you have as you can set different functions for a Long Press and a Short Press. For example, on my Harmony remote I have set the DVR button to show the Recordings List for a Short Press and the Timers List for a Long Press. I have set a Long Press on the Info button to activate Options on my Humax or the nearest equivalent on my other PVRs.

| Wed 8 Aug 2018 22:40:46 #4 |
  5. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Yes, I noticed that Gomezz, but could get neither to work. Perhaps the buttons I was attempting to use are not available for reassignment? I will have another go. R-

| Thu 9 Aug 2018 6:52:44 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

RogerB - 4 hours ago  » 
    Yes, I noticed that Gomezz, but could get neither to work. Perhaps the buttons I was attempting to use are not available for reassignment? I will have another go. R-

Assigning Red and Blue works fine on my Harmony One. Did you use the teaching mode to copy the original remote + key code ?

Incidentally the Logitech Harmony 5000T device lacks the capability to switch operating modes so is only any good for 5000T's using mode 1.

If you use the 4000T device that does allow setting a different mode.

| Thu 9 Aug 2018 11:43:18 #6 |
  7. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Thanks GT, for some reason I could not assign the "+" function to any of the coloured buttons I referred to in post #3, but I was able to put it on the DVR button. That was using the teaching mode you referred to. Thanks, R-

| Thu 9 Aug 2018 13:50:49 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

RogerB - 37 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks GT, for some reason I could not assign the "+" function to any of the coloured buttons I referred to in post #3, but I was able to put it on the DVR button. That was using the teaching mode you referred to. Thanks, R-

I think that may be because the coloured buttons on a FVP unit are reserved for broadcaster use. I used the red and blue buttons in a HDR-1000S activity for the reverse and forward skip keys.

| Thu 9 Aug 2018 14:29:57 #8 |
  9. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Ah, didn't realise that - explains everything. R-

| Thu 9 Aug 2018 15:26:51 #9 |
  10. gomezz

gomezz

special member

I use the colour buttons on my Harmony with Long Press functions to set the TV and amp to the correct source; to tab left and right on the HDMI switch (which sometime gets out of whack with the selected activity); and to change the amp to soothing background music on the amp's FM tuner while I consider what I want to watch next. The dedicated device usage of the colour buttons remain as the Short Press functions.

| Thu 9 Aug 2018 17:19:23 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.