My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Which satellite

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bails

Hi, I to had the glitch ‘no signal’ which I’ve seen several posts on here about but I mistakenly thought it must be my dish that had been damaged. I’ve set up a new dish but cannot for the life of me receive a signal! I find plenty of satellites on the finder but my tv still shows no signal received, I’m in south Manchester and wondered which satellite people around here use?

| Sun 21 Oct 2018 11:04:29 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

all the UK channels come from a group of satellites owned and operated by SES AStra at 28.2E. Enter your post code here and select 28.2E

http://www.dishpointer.com/

Zoom in and drag the pointer to your dish location. The direction the dish should point (azimuth) is shown and the elevation that the dish should have.

It's not easy to align a dish because the satellites are 22000mls above the equator a tiny error moves the focus a long way.

Start by pointing the dish in the right direction. Set it so the dish face is approx vertical. Turn on the box and display the signal diagnostics. Nudge the dish up in tiny increments till you get a tone from the meter. Now turn down the meter gain and adjust the elevation to find the point where the meter gives a signal at the lowest gain you can hear it. You now need someone to watch the box signal figures. You need to get as close as possible to 100% quality. Lock off the adjustment nuts. Press gently on the back left side of the dish, wait a few seconds for the box metering to respond. If the quality goes down press on the right hand side. The correct azimuth is when the quality goes down when you press either side. When you find the correct direction, repeat pressing top and bottom to set the elevation.

It takes a bit of practice to get this right. Good Luck and welcome to our forum.

| Sun 21 Oct 2018 11:11:25 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.