My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Which video file formats can the 4000T play?

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Which video file formats can the FVP 4000T play from devices plugged into the USB socket?

I checked the User Guide and while it helpfully says "You can play video, music, photo files from the connected storage devices or home network devices on your TV" it follows with the very unhelpful "Note: Certain files may not play depending on file formats or video and audio codec".

| Thu 13 Apr 2023 19:43:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

JohnH77 - 33 mins ago  » 
    Which video file formats can the FVP 4000T play from devices plugged into the USB socket?

I don't know but there is an interesting blog post at https://blog.redsilico.com/humax-hdr-video-playback which lists formats for the HDR-FOX T2 and I would expect those to work but I suspect there will be some additions for the FVP-4000T.

| Thu 13 Apr 2023 20:18:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Martin

Thanks. That looks a good post with lots of useful info.

I asked because I tried an mp3 low definition file created on my Aura which I thought would work but it didn't. The mp3 file played OK on my PC so I may have done something stupid.

I think some testing with a variety of test files is needed.

I'll report back on what I find.

I'm actually trying to get Aura low definition (not HD) recordings to play on the FVP using a USB memory stick or disk.

| Thu 13 Apr 2023 21:20:02 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Certainly avoid anything that has audio identified as Opus. It messed up my 5000T requiring a reboot before I could play titles I know work. And it stopped chase-play working. Ogg/Vorbis audio doesn't play for me either.

| Fri 14 Apr 2023 15:22:18 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.