My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Why 2000T Needs A Reboot To Recognise Hard Drive?

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Hi

Im trying to work through in my mind why the 2000T wont recognise the hard drive when I first boot it up. I may have had it switched off at the mains but I expect it to boot up properly whether Ive had it in standby or not.

Indeed Im sure Ive had this issue when booting from standby.

While Im sorting the noise issue this booting issue is begining to annoy me now as I power it down to standby to reboot it again. Its just wasted time as the unit takes a long time to boot up

When it works it works well but Im beginning to wonder if I can forgive these technical flaws

Whats hard about booting up first time to recognise all functions. Other products like games consoles and pvrs seem to manage it so why not the 2000T?

| Fri 24 Mar 2017 1:26:12 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

fluffy54

Have the same problem on my brand new (1 week old) 1800T. Searched around, but not found any resolution for this.

Contacted Humax support & all they could suggest was reformating the HD. Done that allready...... they dont seem to realise that you need to be able to "access" the HD menu to be able to reformat it.

Given up now.

| Sun 26 Mar 2017 15:18:22 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Minstrel SE - 3 days ago  » 
    Hi
    Im trying to work through in my mind why the 2000T wont recognise the hard drive when I first boot it up. I may have had it switched off at the mains but I expect it to boot up properly whether Ive had it in standby or not.
    While Im sorting the noise issue this booting issue is begining to annoy me now as I power it down to standby to reboot it again. Its just wasted time as the unit takes a long time to boot up
    When it works it works well but Im beginning to wonder if I can forgive these technical flaws
    Whats hard about booting up first time to recognise all functions. Other products like games consoles and pvrs seem to manage it so why not the 2000T?

Have you set the manual timer to wake the box up on a schedule? If you have then stop using it and your issue should be solved.

| Mon 27 Mar 2017 18:29:20 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 3 hours ago  » 

Hi

Have you set the manual timer to wake the box up on a schedule? If you have then stop using it and your issue should be solved.

Why - Baffled why waking the box from a timer should create any issues.

It certainy does not on both my HDR-FOX-T2 boxes (and my Foxsat-HDR).

| Mon 27 Mar 2017 21:37:06 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 45 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 3 hours ago  » 

Hi

I puzzled over this issue for months Graham when I first purchased my 2000T. In fact I posted about this at the time and noted I wasn't the only one who had had the problem.

I had my 2000T set to wake up on a manual timer event at 17:50 every evening. The box would wake up fine and I could access most features. However, more often than not I was unable to access any recordings. At other times when there was an EPG record event or I had simply switched the box on myself there wasn't an issue.

Just as an experiment I deleted the manual timer wake-up event and found that cured it. I never had an issue with not being able to access the recordings again. Since then I have noted other people have had this same issue and doing what I did had also worked for them. There must be a bug in the system somewhere or there certainly is/was with mine.

| Mon 27 Mar 2017 22:37:37 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 11 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 45 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 3 hours ago  » 

Hi

I puzzled over this issue for months Graham when I first purchased my 2000T. In fact I posted about this at the time and noted I wasn't the only one who had had the problem.
    I had my 2000T set to wake up on a manual timer event at 17:50 every evening. The box would wake up fine and I could access most features. However, more often than not I was unable to access any recordings. At other times when there was an EPG record event or I had simply switched the box on myself there wasn't an issue.
    Just as an experiment I deleted the manual timer wake-up event and found that cured it. I never had an issue with not being able to access the recordings again. Since then I have noted other people have had this same issue and doing what I did had also worked for them. There must be a bug in the system somewhere or there certainly is/was with mine.

Interesting - I must admit all my auto power ons have a matching off so that may be a possible reason. For instance my Foxsat boots for 15 mins in the early hours after housekeeping to generate my daily Freesat changes e-mail

| Tue 28 Mar 2017 10:31:31 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Well the timer has never been set and both settings are off.

I am going to leave it in standby for a few days and do some more tests.

No this is just odd and a technical flaw as far as Im concerned. Im living with the unit and have reduced the noise. I will post more on my noise thread topic soon.

I can live with it for now but booting it up twice is more than a bit awkward. I might have friends round and it makes me look like a joke when I might have to say just switch it off and on again

It makes me look like I have rubbish equipment and dont know what Im doing

Its such a shame. They got a lot right with the 2000 but its been built to a price with clear flaws. Some have said its not fit for purpose. That may be harsh but I have to agree with them when it wont even recognise functions on the first boot up

| Fri 31 Mar 2017 9:22:28 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Minstrel SE - They got a lot right with the 2000 but its been built to a price with clear flaws. Some have said its not fit for purpose. That may be harsh but I have to agree with them when it wont even recognise functions on the first boot up

My own view is that Humax got very little right with the 2000T. It is at best a penny pinching product with very few features. That's one of the reasons I have now replaced it with a BT Youview box. My 2000T is now back in it's box and shoved in the loft.

| Fri 31 Mar 2017 16:46:09 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Humax adopted a business model of building h/w to a spec supplied by Freesat/Freeview and populating it with s/w provided and supported by the same. I speculate that at that time they lost some of their key skills. Result is the 2000T. The first but not the last I suggest.

| Fri 31 Mar 2017 17:50:03 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Well yes I do agree with the last two comments. Im clutching at this unit like Im determined to save face for my £148. I am sorting the noise issue which has significantly reduced and I will test another Sata drive at some point which are only £10 used

The most niggly thing is I did have more money to spend on a unit that would be quiet and reliable. I would have spent the money required but I thought the 2000T was a clever value buy

The other niggly thing is I was aware of some bad reviews but I put them out of my mind and got clouded with brand loyalty.

I should have taken it back immediately but got confused as I couldnt believe the noise and started to think maybe it is me and they are all like this now. I also had an issue with the shop first trying to con me with a tatty used unit thrown back in a box and I vowed never to use them again...couldnt face walking in there again......so much that it was a nose to spite the face situation

Its working within limits where I dont think its a complete disaster. It does record well and the picture is fine. It just lacks any real pleasure of ownership that I should be feeling. I will be buying another brand in future and carefully checking it is fit for purpose

| Sat 1 Apr 2017 3:02:36 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.