My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Why is Humax sooooooooooo rubbish?! Will never buy again...

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

emjharts

Around 7 or 8 months after we bought our Humax 9200T 2 yrs 3 months ago we developed problems with it. I contacted their customer support on several occasions and each time they told me to either retune or they would be bringing out a software update 'in a couple of weeks' - i.e. a few months. Nothing really ever helped, sometimes the box worked fine and other times it was really really rubbish, i.e. not recording things, turning itself off, freezing, you name it, everything. Last week it was acting really crazy so we completely reset back to default settings and formatted the hard drive. It worked really well for a few days and now today it is finally dead.
    I now have the expense of buying a new one, I will NEVER buy Humax again as its always had problems, their customer services were rubbish and always got out of replacing the box whilst under warranty and then when it wasn't under warranty they said I'd have to pay to get it fixed despite it never working properly.
    You don't buy something and it lasts 7 months, if it was a car you would be able to return and get a new one but this didn't happen to me. I'm very disappointed with humax and would recommend everyone to avoid them.

| Mon 5 Sep 2011 13:08:34 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

baz

Sorry you feel this way. It's a shame you've only come to the forum after the issues, there are plenty of helpful people on this forum that might have been able to help.

Don't get me wrong, we've all had issues with the Humax, recently fixed 2 with the infamous clock issue, but I think it's one of the best PVRs available and quite a few here would agree.

If you just want to dump it, you might even be able to sell your broke Humax here, since upgrading/fixing some issues aren't too hard.

baz

| Mon 5 Sep 2011 13:42:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

emjharts

Thanks Baz, think I am going to dump it as I don't have the first clue about fixing it, seems pretty dead to me. I shall attempt to advertise when i get a new one.

| Mon 5 Sep 2011 14:15:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

emjharts - 52 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks Baz, think I am going to dump it as I don't have the first clue about fixing it, seems pretty dead to me. I shall attempt to advertise when i get a new one.

Perhaps if you explain what happens when you apply power to it we may be able to help.

| Mon 5 Sep 2011 15:08:43 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I fail to see the relevance of this thread, especially as you report the box is now 'dead' - if you want help then detail the issues you have, and members maybe able to help.

Certainly some of the symptoms you have briefly described in your opening post are known, and the advise offered by Humax would appear to be correct.

| Mon 5 Sep 2011 15:34:37 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

aurora

I'm about to put my Humax TV in the bin too. I paid a lot of money for a it a couple of years ago and the inbuilt programme recorder broke after just 18 months. Humax customer support told me to get an engineer out to it - minimum charge GBP 75.00. Now the whole TV has stopped working. It's cheaper to get a new TV than to pay Humax to fix it. I paid over GBP 600.00 for this Humax TV and it's the worst I've ever had. I shall never buy Humax again.

| Thu 13 Sep 2012 18:35:28 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bargain Dave

People have been comparing youview with the basic humax and say it rubbish from what I read in this thread , it like any humax can be rubbish

| Thu 13 Sep 2012 19:18:08 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Bargain Dave - what model is a basic Humax? Humax make a number of models for different markets - the one your refer to is more controlled and the UI designed by YouView rather than Humax.

| Thu 13 Sep 2012 19:46:18 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

hpszi

emjharts - 1 year ago  » 
    ... their customer services were rubbish and ...

Oh, have they got one?
    I've tried to contact them by e-mail with a simple problem and question but no one even bothered to reply.
    I only found this (and hummytv) forum useful. Humax Tower should support these forums instead of saying they have got customer service.

| Thu 13 Sep 2012 20:32:07 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.