My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Wi-Fi Password

(18 posts)
  1. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

In the past I have had an issue with a HDR-FOX T2, which is similar to the HDR-2000T, not retaining its wireless settings. This was likely caused by a problem with the settings database which is stored in the flash memory. It was fixed by doing a factory reset. You do not need to format the hard drive (there is an option to do this with the reset). You will need to retune etc. afterwards as it will wipe your settings.

| Fri 19 Sep 2014 11:23:12 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

wackyg

Thanks for your response. I followed your instructions and went back to factory default, without reformatting the hard disk. I was able to go through the setting up procedure, ie. retuning and establishing the wi-fi connection without any difficulty and it will connect to the TV Portal repeatedly as long as you don't go to standby. If you have gone to standby and then reactivate it will not go to TV Portal, advising that there is no internet connection. If you then go through the internet setting up procedure, ie. Menu > Settings > System > Internet Setting > Configure Wi-Fi the network name and password (encrypted) are shown (they were not previously) and clicking "APPLY" re-establishes the link.

Is this the normal mode of operation for this Humax?

It seems somewhat complicated, I do not have to manually re- connect my laptop or tablet everytime I switch them on, they connect via wi-fi automatically.

Your comments will be welcomed. Regards

| Fri 19 Sep 2014 13:17:31 #12 |
  3. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

It should remember your WiFi network and password and reconnect automatically on startup. I believe there is an an issue with connecting to the portal with the HDR-2000T which might be relevant, but I am not sure what the nature of the issue is. I think it was discussed on this forum.

Edit. Have a look at this post here

| Fri 19 Sep 2014 13:39:19 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

wackyg

Thank you for your response. Had a look at the post suggested and others but cannot find anything which resolves my problem. I have been able to establish that the system works fine when ethernet connected, so I'll invest in a couple of "through the mains" boxes and dump the Wi-Fi. Regards

| Fri 19 Sep 2014 15:29:31 #14 |
  5. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

It shouldn't behave like that though, and you have done quite a bit of troubleshooting now. As it is new, I would be inclined to take it back and get a replacement: it may have a fault.

| Fri 19 Sep 2014 15:45:51 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ernie

Is 2 months necrobumping? Sorry if so.

The wifi reconnection is a question I had too.
    The 2000T retains all the settings however I have to go through the process of applying it everytime I take the box out of standby (if I want to use the portal or ftp.

Just wondering if anyone had sussed out if this was a bug or as intended or... and any work arounds.

Boxes and wires and the like are difficult while keeping the peace in the house.

TIA

| Fri 14 Nov 2014 11:50:36 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Ernie - 6 minutes ago  » 
    The 2000T retains all the settings however I have to go through the process of applying it everytime I take the box out of standby (if I want to use the portal or ftp.

You said in your other post that the box is on the original firmware. It would be worth updating to the latest firmware (note I have no idea if it will help with this specific problem).

| Fri 14 Nov 2014 11:58:40 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ernie

Martin Liddle - 4 days ago  » 
    You said in your other post that the box is on the original firmware. It would be worth updating to the latest firmware (note I have no idea if it will help with this specific problem).

Thanks Martin, got round to installing the updated software just now. I have it set to NO in power saving in standby (so I get the loopthrough). Just tested the network settings and it still needs reconnecting manually on exiting standby.
    It's not the end of the world, just have to show the family where and what. Hopefully a future update may address this.

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 11:43:01 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.