My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

wi-fi will not connect

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jfuller105

Hi all - new user here with an HDR1010S barely a week old.

With my BT Homehub upstairs and connected by wire to the pc, I chose the 1010 for its wi-fi capability. On day 1 I was able to connect online, browsed the features and watched three quarters of a programme on i-player before it lost connection.

Since then I have tried "connect automatically..." numerous times, re-entering our broadband password each time, for it to think for a couple of minutes and respond with "there seems to be a problem". Not very informative. Have rebooted the router several times and tried unplugging and restarting the Humax. On my phone I am connected to wi-fi with no problem.

Any suggestions, please?

| Thu 30 Apr 2015 15:19:00 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Suggest you first rule out a Wi-Fi problem - download a Wi-fi signal app for your phone and test in location of unit. This should show any poor signal area's and channel contention.

| Thu 30 Apr 2015 15:57:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jfuller105

Thanks - have done so and there does appear to be a conflict with next door on an adjacent channel. Now I have to work out how to change the channel on the Home Hub 2.

| Thu 30 Apr 2015 16:44:04 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jfuller105 - 36 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks - have done so and there does appear to be a conflict with next door on an adjacent channel. Now I have to work out how to change the channel on the Home Hub 2.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14094/~/how-do-i-change-the-wireless-channel-on-my-bt-home-hub%3F

| Thu 30 Apr 2015 17:20:54 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.