My Humax Forum » Forum Site » Site Issues / Problems

Weird logged on situation

(7 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Visited the home page today and was greeted as a Guest. Clicked on the first link using crtl to open a new tab (Problems Viewing Recorded TV), opening the tab showed me as logged on. Closing the tab to go back to the home page still not logged on. Tried it with the second topic not logged on this time.

Repeated the crtl tab with the first topic to generate the new tab, sure enough still logged on. This time pressed back to create a 2nd Home page tab. Still logged on the the second tab and not on the first tab. Most Bizarre

| Mon 12 Sep 2011 9:57:39 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

This site seem pretty randon at times as whether I show up as logged on or not. Using IE9 on Vista 32 or Vista 64 or W7.

| Mon 12 Sep 2011 10:07:52 #2 |
  3. super-admin

super-admin

senior admin

I think I will install a sidebar login which might solve this, if this random login strangeness is a problem.

It has happened to me as well but was not sure if it affected anyone else...

| Tue 13 Sep 2011 16:53:41 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Not really a problem, it was just extremely wierd to find on the shortcut linked page I was not logged on but following a link to another thread I was. Logging on on the first screen cleared the problem, so far no recurrence. IE9 by the way if that's relevant.

| Tue 13 Sep 2011 17:08:33 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Seems OK to me using IE9 - which has a bug in that a power cut always causes this problem.
    http Headers seems fine:

Cache-Control no-cache, must-revalidate, max-age=0
    Pragma no-cache

Cookies are set to expire in in two weeks.

| Tue 13 Sep 2011 17:08:43 #5 |
  6. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Does the cookie expiration happen regardless or does it reset the clock from when you last visited the site?

| Tue 13 Sep 2011 17:25:23 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

A cookies exiration date is set when it is created or recreated. So it is quite possible for the site to recreate it at every visit - did not test if this is happening. The browser will delete it automatically is it expires. Session cookies expire when browser is closed and usually hold tempoary data (like a shopping cart perhaps).

All can be seen for using IE9's developer mode (F12). Other browsers have similar tools.

| Tue 13 Sep 2011 18:14:36 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.