My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Will Netflix appear on the HDR-2000T?

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyhumax

I've seen that Netflix is now available on other Humax devices, but does anyone know if it's coming to the HDR-2000T?

| Mon 30 May 2016 10:04:52 #1 |
  2. black knight

black knight

special member

I think it's VERY doubtful.

Humax basically abandoned the 2000T a couple of months after it came out, and I doubt they'll go to the trouble of getting the Netflix app working on these boxes when they've got so many other issues on newer products to fix first.

| Mon 30 May 2016 11:22:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

black knight - 4 hours ago  » 
    I think it's VERY doubtful.
    Humax basically abandoned the 2000T a couple of months after it came out, and I doubt they'll go to the trouble of getting the Netflix app working on these boxes when they've got so many other issues on newer products to fix first.

I must have missed the 'abandoned' notice as too have Humax as they are still selling them as are many retail outlets.

As for the apps though, I would agree - quite a paltry offering. I noticed a message only today about the Picasa app no longer being supported though in fairness it's Google that has abandoned Picasa.

| Mon 30 May 2016 15:44:01 #3 |
  4. black knight

black knight

special member

When I say abandoned, I mean they've stopped bothering with software updates. It's only had one update that fixed some of the problems and nothing worthwhile since, bar wi-fi drivers iirc.

I'm not holding much hope on ever seeing the remaning problems fixed, let alone a Netflix app appearing.

| Tue 31 May 2016 9:50:13 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

black knight - 2 hours ago  » 
    When I say abandoned, I mean they've stopped bothering with software updates. It's only had one update that fixed some of the problems and nothing worthwhile since, bar wi-fi drivers iirc.
    I'm not holding much hope on ever seeing the remaning problems fixed, let alone a Netflix app appearing.

Specifically which problems?

| Tue 31 May 2016 12:09:36 #5 |
  6. black knight

black knight

special member

Well there's the rather big problem with the sound cutting out over HDMI with certain tv's and switching boxes that needs fixing.

The Network option when selecting storage types doesn't appear until you've actually been on the net!

The tuners seem very flaky compared to my old FoxT2 box, and sometimes for no reason a recording will fail due to lack of signal. And no, there's nothing wrong with my signal as I have no problem with any other tv, nor with my old Fox T2 box which recorded flawlessly.

That's three off the top of my head and I'm sure others could pitch in with more. Humax managed to release a box with more bugs than their old one, which takes some doing, and don't seem to want to bother fixing it!

| Tue 31 May 2016 15:33:20 #6 |
  7. black knight

black knight

special member

While I'm at it, I might add that usb copying is about three times slower than on the old Fox T2 as well. Go figure!

| Tue 31 May 2016 15:36:07 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

USB isn't the fastest I'll grant you that. Sound issues over HDMI - buy the Sonos as that uses optical I have to say I find no problem with the tuners and I can't remember ever having a failed recording - other than a 'clash'.

Don't know about the 'network option' as I have plenty of better alternatives.

| Tue 31 May 2016 15:58:58 #8 |
  9. black knight

black knight

special member

I'm sure you're joking about the Sonos, or at least I hope you are as you shouldn't need to spend a load more money just to get something that should work, working.

There's something odd about the tuners, they don't seem to be able to keep a signal as well as my old Fox T2, and can just seem to lose the signal halfway through recording. I've had some recordings that say 'failed due to lack of signal' but will playback although there is usually a missing portion somewhere.

The network icon isn't there when starting the box. Like I said I have to get on the net to make it appear, so usually have to fire up the TV Portal then quit to see the network.
    I find it useful as I can play files stored on other devices through the box, so having to jump through hoops to get it working is just another annoyance that wasn't there on the Fox T2.

I own both Humax Freeview and Freesat boxes, and can honestly say that in its current state, the HDR 2000T is by FAR the worst I have. The FVP 4000T sounds bad too, but at least they seem to be trying to fix that!

| Tue 31 May 2016 18:42:47 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

black knight - 4 hours ago  » 
    I'm sure you're joking about the Sonos, or at least I hope you are as you shouldn't need to spend a load more money just to get something that should work, working.
    There's something odd about the tuners, they don't seem to be able to keep a signal as well as my old Fox T2, and can just seem to lose the signal halfway through recording. I've had some recordings that say 'failed due to lack of signal' but will playback although there is usually a missing portion somewhere.
    The network icon isn't there when starting the box. Like I said I have to get on the net to make it appear, so usually have to fire up the TV Portal then quit to see the network.
    I find it useful as I can play files stored on other devices through the box, so having to jump through hoops to get it working is just another annoyance that wasn't there on the Fox T2.
    I own both Humax Freeview and Freesat boxes, and can honestly say that in its current state, the HDR 2000T is by FAR the worst I have. The FVP 4000T sounds bad too, but at least they seem to be trying to fix that!

Only half joking about the Sonos as I happen to own one. TBH with the exception of using on-demand from our 1000s I don't really bother with the network on either box as I find both somewhat flaky. I get far superior results casting directly to the Panasonic TV using phone or tablet and using media apps again installed on the TV or with Chromecast for accessing my NAS.

I reckon from reading the many posts on here that the 4000T is their worst effort to date.

| Tue 31 May 2016 22:57:16 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.