My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Will not wake up

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

svtdot

Bought a new FVP 4000T a few months ago and after some initial problems (resolved through your online support pages) I am well pleased. Having got used to a new way of operation compared with my old Foxsat HD, I believe the FVP 4000T is a superior model.
    I do have a couple of issues with my FVP 4000T that I would like some help with and hat I cannot find any reference to on the website.
    1. When I try to switch the box on and it is already recording, it simply will not respond to either the Remote or the buttons on the machine. I have two alternatives – wait until the recording is over or reboot the box and thereby destroying the recording. Do you have a trick to avoid rebooting the box?
    2. Occasionally and spontaneously the box reboots itself. There appears to be no pattern. I can be watching a programme ‘live’; watching a recording or I suspect having encountered some recordings with the message ‘Interrupted power supply’ that it can also occur whilst recording is in progress. Again any ideas please?

| Mon 26 Sep 2016 11:27:18 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

1Frogmorton

Sorry I cannot offer any help, but my FVP4000T also fails to respond when already recording. But if I am watching TV through the FVP, and it starts to record, everything works fine. And several film recordings have been destroyed due to "Interrupted power supply". Household power has not been at fault.
    Unlike you, I am not overly impressed by this, my first Humax product. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be many alternatives on the market.

| Mon 26 Sep 2016 19:26:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi stvdot, I am afraid it is the most common problem now with the Humax 4000T, especially since the last update. Humax has been told about it so hopefully they will come up with another update soon to fix the problem, fingers crossed.

| Mon 26 Sep 2016 19:57:25 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

stu666

I have encountered the same thing. When this occurred, I tried various presses of the remote control (and the Humax remote control Android app) to see how responsive it was. The volume control and mute buttons display their usual symbols on the TV screen, despite there being no picture or audio. Also, using the AnDLNA Android app, I was able to view live channels from the recorder, though not recordings. I hope Humax sort these problems out before too long - I am getting some earache over this!

| Tue 27 Sep 2016 19:05:26 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

This is the very unhelpful reply I had from Humax about the wont wake up problem...

To: kevin@XXXXXXXXX
    Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2016 4:19 PM
    Subject: Re: [HMX7986167] PVR 4000T Nero 2TB

Hi Kevin,

There was an issue like this previously but had been resolved via a software update. At the moment we have had no other reports of this particular issue so it is possible it could be an issue with your unit.

| Tue 27 Sep 2016 20:22:59 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I would not normally comment on beta testing in the open forum but... The latest beta has failure to come out of standby whilst recording listed as a fix - obviously subject to testing.

Cannot comment further as I have never witnessed the issue.

If any of you with the problem would like to try the beta then PM me.

| Tue 27 Sep 2016 20:32:33 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Barry - I would offer to test this specific point but since I emailed Humax, my box seems to have magically cured itself..............

| Tue 27 Sep 2016 22:23:00 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

hackenbacker

Bear in mind that you won't be able to tell from the LED if the box has turned on - and it can take a while for a picture to show up on screen. Are you sure you have waited long enough for it to show up on screen, without putting it back into standby?

Also, try switching the inputs on your TV, in case there is an issue with HDMI handshaking.

Performing a factory reset can help with reboot issues. After the remote recording firmware was released, I had a number of reboots - a factory reset helped, but I noticed that it was also rebooting sometimes on the hour / half hour when using a wifi connection. This has gone away since switching to a wired connection. You might want to ensure that you have remote recording turned off, and/or disable wifi connection for now.

However, whilst the box has been almost entirely stable since doing the above, I have had two reboot issues - both times, when I've had a Cyrus amp / Sonos player plugged in. It seems that one of these devices - my suspicion is the Sonos - is generating interfence that is resulting in a reboot. I have both amp and Sonos unplugged at the moment, and you can probably understand why I'm relunctant to do any more testing to see if they are a cause!

| Sun 2 Oct 2016 12:33:20 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Bear in mind that you won't be able to tell from the LED if the box has turned on - and it can take a while for a picture to show up on screen. Are you sure you have waited long enough for it to show up on screen, without putting it back into standby?

Actually you can if you look carefully.

1. The LED 'blinks'
    2. There is a subtle difference in the brilliance of the red LED.

| Sun 2 Oct 2016 12:41:36 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

My "old" eyesight does not do subtle....

| Sun 2 Oct 2016 18:51:34 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.