My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Will not wake up

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Egrosvenor

I thought that.
    I use the facility to shut down @ a time (00:30)
    Since the previous update that caused my box to not wake up, so I did disable it.
    With this update I thought it would be fixed, so I re-instated it.
    Next morning I had to completely power off to get it to wake up.
    So no, it is not fixed.

| Mon 28 Nov 2016 9:30:49 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

1Frogmorton

Thanks to everybody who has posted regarding FVP not waking up. I appreciated svtdot taking time to fully explain how the problem might be resolved. I followed that advice, and the unit has been remarkably steady for several weeks. But, as more recent comments show, the old problems have returned within the last fortnight. Refusal to wake up, the only response being obtained by pulling the mains plug out. I fear it will be a miserable Christmas when my wife realises many of her desired recordings don't happen.

| Mon 28 Nov 2016 18:35:31 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

svtdot

My FVP400T is permanently connected to the Internet and so can be updated without my intervention. Despite having previously fixed the ‘failure to wake up’ problem by changing the settings as recommended, I still occasionally (about once a week) suffered spontaneous reboots.
    This problem also seems to have disappeared and upon checking the current version of the software I noted that I have version 1.01.49 dated 7/11/16. So congratulations to Humax for finally fixing an annoying problem. I can heartily recommend the FVP4000T now as an excellent piece of kit.
    If anyone else is still having problems I recommend that you change the settings as previously recommended and update your software.

| Fri 2 Dec 2016 14:25:03 #23 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.