My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Will not wake up

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cameron

I purchased 4000T last week and similar problems i.e. not waking up when recording. Have been advised to set FVP Auto Power off to OFF and also TV Power Management to OFF and HDMI-CEC Power on to ON.It seems to work so far!!.

| Mon 17 Oct 2016 16:15:11 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bph

I'm having the wake up problem constantly. Getting a load of ear ache off my wife for buying a load of junk! It normally gets turned on in an evening when it has already started recording her soaps and has to be power cycled before it can be used so losing recordings (or we wait a couple of hours for recordings to finish!) It is pretty useless if you can't turn it on when it's recording - really hope they get this fixed as everything else seems great.

| Tue 18 Oct 2016 10:13:11 #12 |
  3. RogerB

RogerB

special member

I thought this got fixed an update or two ago. What software version are you on? R-

| Tue 18 Oct 2016 10:49:42 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bph

Latest software I believe Roger - 1.01.34

| Tue 18 Oct 2016 12:30:20 #14 |
  5. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Yes, that is the latest released version. R-

| Tue 18 Oct 2016 12:43:38 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phil1

Try going in settings-power management and switch off power saving in standby. I did this and it now comes on every time.

| Tue 18 Oct 2016 15:05:34 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bph

Thanks Phil. I already did that but still doesn't wake up. All suggestions welcome anyway! Hopefully a software update will fix it.

| Tue 18 Oct 2016 16:28:27 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

svtdot

Firstly thanks for all helpful contributions. My problem with my 4000T failing to wake up is now over after following the advice given. I found some of the instructions a little difficult to follow, so with apologies to the more experienced user, here is a numpty’s guide to finding your way round.
    Firstly ensure that you are running the latest software, it is 1.01.34 dated 6 Sep 2016. As my Humax box is connected permanently to the Internet, the update was automatic. To check this; see the footnote at the end of this piece.
    On the remote, press the HOME key. Navigate using the cursor keys to the gear wheel symbol in the top right hand corner of the screen. Once there the symbol expands to read “Settings”. Click OK.
    Navigate to System Settings –OK
    Navigate to Power Timer – OK Ensure it is set to Off
    Return to the System Settings by clicking on the Back button
    Select Power Management – OK
    Ensure Automatic Power Down is set to Off. (To change it select Automatic Power Down move the cursor to choose Off –OK)
    Return to the previous menu by clicking on the Back button
    Next Select HDMI CEC – OK
    TV Power Control should be set to On.
    As a final footnote, you can check which version of the software your boxes using by selecting System Information from the System Information menu which on the Settings menu.
    I hope this is helpful.
    svtdot

| Fri 21 Oct 2016 14:27:56 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Egrosvenor

My problem was constant rebooting, nearly every day.
    I had read that the HDMI-CEC should be ON!
    I switched it on and then my box would not start up from standby, recording or not.
    Have now gone back and put it off but will try the other bit which was disable the auto standby.

| Sat 29 Oct 2016 12:27:21 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

cameron

Latest upgrade dated 22/11/2016 seems to correct all the problems re:- not waking up when recording

| Mon 28 Nov 2016 1:46:18 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.