My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Will the 2000T EVER be fixed?

(12 posts)
  1. black knight

black knight

special member

Do people think we'll ever see anymore firmware updates to finally fix this buggy pile of ****?

How could Humax have got it so wrong, when they already had the HDR Fox T2 working fine?

TBH, I'm not hopeful after all this time. It seems Humax abandoned this stop-gap freeview box after a single update.

| Mon 22 May 2017 11:32:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Well it sits under my TV and it looks reasonable enough.

Ive been inside it and reduced the noise. I will use it as a mod project with sata drives to reduce the noise further.

The picture is very good and it records very well. The hard drive functionality is good with resume play and fast access play. I dont mind the lack of a front display as its not needed

I will use it for a while longer to get my £148 worth. It looks as though Humax have abandoned it now and they have been cost cutting on it since the first version. It was built to a price and they didnt get it right as a satisfying purchase. Maybe I was wrong to expect too much for the price I paid

It needs booting up twice (most times) to recognise the hard drive functions or sound. Overall it has been a disappointing purchase coupled with the shenanigans of the warehouse shop I bought it from. Ive learnt never to shop there again.

Humax have lost me as a future customer. (maybe if they release an all new box with the right reviews I will get a home trial) When I see something else I will go for it but feel I will have to spend enough to get a quality product

| Mon 22 May 2017 11:51:18 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Obviously none of you have had a Bush recorder after 6 months from new they intend to fail badly with freezing or unresponsive problems, and customer services is not up to scratch ether. At least with Humax the customer service is quite good.
    As for my 2000T it is very good its in daily use and no problem except for the sound issue on the HDMI when recording sometimes, and I just switch to watch it through the scart if that happens.
    A friend of mine got one not so long ago and his is working fine to.
    So maybe there may have been a bad batch out there and you guys have got one

| Mon 22 May 2017 12:27:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

black knight - 1 hour ago  » 
    Do people think we'll ever see anymore firmware updates to finally fix this buggy pile of ****?

I would agree there are some issues with the HDR-2000T but in my opinion describing it as a "buggy pile of ****" is way over the top. We have had an HDR-2000T bought a few months after the launch and it continues to give good service. The only issue we have had was that the original remotes were of poor quality but Humax replaced it (after about 12 months) without quibble with a new remote of better quality which continues to work well after three years.

| Mon 22 May 2017 12:49:27 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

My only gripe with the 2000T is that the wide button doesn't seem to do what it should. Everything else seems OK (I don't use HDMI so can't comment on those problems). I agree that it does appear as though it has been abandoned by Humax.

| Mon 22 May 2017 17:29:31 #5 |
  6. black knight

black knight

special member

Martin Liddle - 5 hours ago  » 

black knight - 1 hour ago  » 

I would agree there are some issues with the HDR-2000T but in my opinion describing it as a "buggy pile of ****" is way over the top. We have had an HDR-2000T bought a few months after the launch and it continues to give good service. The only issue we have had was that the original remotes were of poor quality but Humax replaced it (after about 12 months) without quibble with a new remote of better quality which continues to work well after three years.

Well compared to my HDR Fox T2 it is. I've had numerous problems with recordings losing signal for no reason. In the end I've been messing around with attenuators with limited success. The Fox T2 on the same ariel just works no problems.

Then there's the audio being lost on HDMI when you switch the tv on, that doesn't happen on any other equipment I have, so is a fault with the 2000T boxes.

There's other niggles too, like the incredibly slow usb transfer speeds (again when compared to the older Fox T2 and 1000S Freesat box)and the network storage icon not being available until you go into iPlayer and out again.

I could go on, but I just find it annoying that Humax don't seem interested in fixing these problems and are happy to let consumers live with all the faults. The only good thing is that unlike others have reported, I don't seem to lose the hard drive, and it's whisper quiet!

If you're going to sell goods that have major bugs, at least have the decency to try and fix them, and not just do a half hearted job like the one and only update was, and then abandon it!

| Mon 22 May 2017 18:11:32 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

I generally agree with you black knight. Any unit that needs switching on and off twice is fundamentally flawed.

What other products do we own that need a second switch on to recognise the hard drive or sound? It would be like having a car or anything where you have to turn the ignition off and on again...its just not acceptable and it actually never gets less niggly as I sigh and reach for the power down button. The boot up time really rubs it in

I would like to remind everyone that I have been inside one( see the specific thread). The hard drive mount is a pathetic plastic shelf with a weird moulding and no damping. Indeed the recessed weird moulding makes it hard to design proper damping around it and I have had to rig up a combination of metal and rubber washers in varying sizes

My life is too short to add more diy projects that shouldnt have been necessary.

I can understand why people call it a buggy pile of.... When it works Im calm with it and it wont be with me for ever. However I havent had to rely on it and my usage is casual. I dont feel the pride of ownership and satisfaction I should feel.

Indeed I accepted it for various reasons and should probably have taken it back

| Thu 25 May 2017 18:35:17 #7 |
  8. black knight

black knight

special member

With Quest channel being added to Freesat recently, I've finally dumped the 2000T altogether.

Good riddance to a load of rubbish in my book, and it has done Humax's reputation no good at all.

| Wed 12 Jul 2017 21:01:03 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

black knight - 25 minutes ago  » 
    With Quest channel being added to Freesat recently, I've finally dumped the 2000T altogether.
    Good riddance to a load of rubbish in my book, and it has done Humax's reputation no good at all.

Should have bought a HDR-FOX-T2. Add the Custom Firmware it's the best HD Freeview+ PVR Humax or any other maker ever made.

| Wed 12 Jul 2017 21:29:08 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I think many of the issues with the 2000T go back to the retro engineered firmware update for solving the lack of 'pass through' on the early boxes. I don't think it's ever been a complete success and we have Humax to thank for omitting it in the first place.

You have to ask - whatever were they thinking?

| Thu 13 Jul 2017 15:23:45 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.