My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Will the 2000T EVER be fixed?

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

grahamlthompson - 2 days ago  » 
    Should have bought a HDR-FOX-T2. Add the Custom Firmware it's the best HD Freeview+ PVR Humax or any other maker ever made.

I loved my FOX-T2 with the custom firmware, but it eventually went kaput, two repairs failed to find a permanent fix and eventually Richer Sounds kindly replaced it with a 2000T FOC. I THOUGHT I had a bargain!

| Sat 15 Jul 2017 10:06:09 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Its just made me think that 150 pounds is not the price point I will ever look at again for this sort of product.

Its a shame really as what the 2000t does well, it does well. The recordings are superb and the drive is ultra quick to resume and change play Im still trying to work out if I was in a batch of particularly noisy hard drives...I will never really know.

However the ultra thin casing and no damping for the hard drive is unforgivable. Its the thinnest pressed metal they possibly could have got away with and the plastic shelf for the drive is a joke. The casing resonates under any hard drive noise anplifying the sound...not just the ultra thin casing but the way it fits together

The pass through should have been sorted and a third led colour should have been added.

I think its a lesson in cutting corners to get to a price point and its me that suffered. I will be looking in a higher price bracket in future from another manufacturer

| Sat 15 Jul 2017 21:20:07 #12 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.