My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Win 10 64bit USB Driver

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

TuscanPhil

Hi All, I've had Humax PVRs for about 8 years now and am currently using a 9200T with 320Gb HDD. I have previously removed recordings using a variety of software and am most happy with a GUI interface though I've also previously used a cmd line interface and also direct to USB through a cable attached to the HDD, so I'm no stranger to the process. My current situation is that I have a new media PC running Win 10 64bit and I can't find the correct USB driver to allow Windows to recognise my Humax. My preferred transfer software is 'Humax Media Controller GUI' but when following the installation instructions my PC throws a wobbly at the driver (libusb0.dll). I've tried copying this file to the System32 folder (which is in the Windows PATH) but it still can't find it. I've tried manually installing the driver but Win 10 tells me it is unsigned and hence won't install it. I've also tried to 'disable signed drivers' which will allow me to install it but once I reboot back to 'normal' windows, it again, tells me it is unsigned and refuses to allow it. Thus for me to use the GUI, I'm going to have to go through the 'allow unsigned driver rigmarol' everytime (which is longwinded and awkward to say the least).

Anyone successfully manage to use the GUI with Win 10 and can help me out with a USB driver please?

| Thu 1 Dec 2016 16:53:55 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you search you might be able to find details of the mod that allows direct access to the internal drive. I forget the actual details but I imagine you will need Humax R/W to copy the contents directly. It has the advantage it's very much faster than usb.

| Thu 1 Dec 2016 17:18:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

TuscanPhil - 1 hour ago  » 
    Anyone successfully manage to use the GUI with Win 10 and can help me out with a USB driver please?

have you seen this article? http://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/missing-not-found-error/dll/windows/future-publishing/lxfdvd141/libusb0-dll/

| Thu 1 Dec 2016 18:23:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

TuscanPhil

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    If you search you might be able to find details of the mod that allows direct access to the internal drive. I forget the actual details but I imagine you will need Humax R/W to copy the contents directly. It has the advantage it's very much faster than usb.

Thanks, as mentioned, I have used this method in the past but it involves taking the Humax out from where it sits, removing the cover and then connecting up to the cable etc. I hadn't ever got as far as buying and making the necessary cables to leave it all connected so that's why I want to go back to the GUI method.

Martin Liddle
    have you seen this article? http://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/missing-not-found-error/dll/windows/future-publishing/lxfdvd141/libusb0-dll/

As mentioned in my post, I can get the DLL to load if I turn off the signing of Windows drivers but as soon as it's switched back on (ie after a reboot) it no longer works, hence either needing a signed dll file or a different source file.

| Thu 1 Dec 2016 19:01:20 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

are you using this method:

Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

this stuck after reboots on my win10 pc

| Thu 1 Dec 2016 19:14:53 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

TuscanPhil

damian - 11 minutes ago  » 
    are you using this method:
    Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
    this stuck after reboots on my win10 pc

Thanks for the above - no I haven't but neither do I want to run Windows with this option permanently enabled. Is there no way to get a signed or valid USB Win 10 64bit driver for the Humax? If all else fails I'll probably just load Win 7 or Win XP onto the media PC.

| Thu 1 Dec 2016 19:28:27 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.