My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Win 7 doesn't see Humax FVP-4000t

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RogerO

Just got a 'new' FVP-4000t and am trying to set it up. I have already installed the latest software from the Humax site. I am currently using WiFi while waiting for a long ethernet cable. I cannot get the Windows 7 Pro pc to see the Humax. I have turned on the server, samba, and FTP. I have told win 7 to discover devices, started windows media player and told it about my video and photo files. Since win 7 doesn't see the FVP-4000 it doesn't see the my video and photo files. Note the FVP-4000 is able to play a program through iPlayer so the connection to the internet is working. I know this was a problem in 2016 but thought the new software would fix it.

| Tue 7 May 2019 14:26:39 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

RogerO - 4 minutes ago  » 
    I have turned on the server, samba, and FTP. I have told win 7 to discover devices, started windows media player and told it about my video and photo files.

Do you SMB 1.0 enabled on your Windows 7 PC? I suspect that even if you can get SAMBA working then the content may still be encrypted as whatever magic mechanism is being used to do the decryption is (according to the FAQ on this site) only available in Windows 8 and later.

| Tue 7 May 2019 14:37:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

pigolato

No help, I know, but I have the same setup as the OP (except for wired Ethernet) and it works fine. SD recordings are viewable on the PC. Maybe it is a Wi-fi thing?

| Tue 7 May 2019 19:03:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

RogerO

At present the PC still does not see the FVP-4000. At the same time the FVP-4000 doesn't see the PC. What I actually want to do is play video and photo files that are on the PC on the FVP-4000. Settings/Media should do this but only says no files. New ethernet cable should be here soon and I'll try again then.

| Tue 7 May 2019 21:43:12 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

1) Are you fully up to date with all Win7 updates from MSoft?

2) Have you tried "Map network drive"?

| Thu 9 May 2019 10:32:51 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

RogerO - 1 day ago  » 
    At present the PC still does not see the FVP-4000.

The first thing to do to diagnose the problem is to open a command window on the Windows 7 PC, look up the IP address the Humax is using and in the command window type:

ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of the Humax. If you get no response the problem is with your network; if you get a response then we need to delve deeper.

| Thu 9 May 2019 11:04:31 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

RogerO

1. Up to date with updates
    2. Map network drive only gives choices on this computer, doesn't show Humax.

3. Tried to ping Humax which worked! 1 ms ping time.

Thanks for all help and advice.
    R

| Thu 9 May 2019 12:09:20 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

RogerO - 2 hours ago  » 
    3. Tried to ping Humax which worked! 1 ms ping time.

Good. So do you have SMB 1.0 enabled in Windows Features?

| Thu 9 May 2019 14:24:14 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Martin Liddle - 19 minutes ago  » Good. So do you have SMB 1.0 enabled in Windows Features?

In Win7 I think (?) it is not an off/on feature, it is on permanently. In Win10 you can turn it on/off.

| Thu 9 May 2019 14:45:49 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

RogerO

On my Win 7 Pro SMB 1.0 is not available in Windows Features. I looked in the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
    SMB 1 was not there to turn on or off which I believe means it is off. Also isn't SMB 1.0 a Wanacry vunerability ?

| Thu 9 May 2019 16:14:13 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.