My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Windows 7 and fvp5000t

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Roger425

I now own a humax 5000 and would like to copy tv programmes to it from windows7 MCE via my mobile phone. Both devices see the phone and the pc name appears on the media menu in freeview play. But I can't see the tv shows.

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 14:46:58 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Roger425 - 16 mins ago  » 
    I now own a humax 5000 and would like to copy tv programmes to it from windows7 MCE via my mobile phone. Both devices see the phone and the pc name appears on the media menu in freeview play. But I can't see the tv shows.

Like many Humax PVRs To play back recordings requires support files you cannot normally see. There are programmes that can create these for the Foxsat-HDR and the HDR-FOX-T2. Not aware of anyone who has figured out a way to upload these to a 5000T. If you plug in a usb drive with video files to the FVP-5000T usb slot you can play back these files from USB if they are a supported format and the FS used is supported.

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 15:14:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Roger425 - 4 hours ago  » 

According to page 24 of the manual, you need to enable the Download folder and copy your programme files into that folder. I believe you can access the folder with FTP but not sure whether it shows up with any other file transfer protocols.

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 19:20:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 4 hours ago  » 
    Like many Humax PVRs To play back recordings requires support files you cannot normally see.

My belief is that the programmes will play without the support files but you loose some functionality.

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 19:22:34 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/how-to-archive-recordings-to-usb-hdd

The question asked was "I now own a humax 5000 and would like to copy tv programmes to it from windows7 MCE". How does your answer help the OP?

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 21:57:59 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.